What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

18 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

The same would have happened had she given me a chance. 

This is the problematic part. You do not know this. This is not a certainty. This is 100% supposition on your part, and it is the thing you are using that makes yourself feel like shit, and at the same time, completely takes away agency this chick has over her life. This is not a healthy way to think, yo.

You're right, and I don't actually feel as certain as I may have sounded, so let me rephrase that part: There's a chance the same would have happened for me had she given me a chance, and that's the part that has me feeling down the most. I've also edited my post to reflect this.

Also, I mentioned that I got fired. Not sure if anyone picked up on that or not.

I got called by a scammer. It is my sacred duty to fuck with them. And I got to do it in English and Spanish! Some woman in the background was laughing so hard because he was mad that I kept calling him "La Pinga Pequeña". He finally hung up after he yelled "That's not my name" and I said "Lo siento. Lo siento. ¿Es Señor Pinga Pequeña, sí?" (I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's Mister Tiny Penis, yes?)

I have to design a label in Chinese.  I don't know Chinese and the info is from a safety data sheet, just copy and pasted onto the label template.  I have the English SDS, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm copy and pasting but it's still a guessing game.  Frustrating.  

Then I bought a shirt after work and went to the gym.  

I "got up" at like 1:30 PM. I'm not really sleeping much these days, so I can't say I "woke up". Really, 1:30 is when I finally gave up and decided to move out of the bedroom. 

Both Trevor and I received emails that one of our spring classes had been cancelled, so I had to find a new section for each of us to enroll in. Thankfully, that went fairly smoothly. I have 3 upcoming classes that are the last 3 classes I need to get my associates. Trevor's class is actually a prerequisite for almost all of the rest of his classes for his bachelors, so it could have been quite annoying if we hadn't found replacements easily. 

Then I spent several hours watching YouTube videos while I pulled all of the eyelets out of the back of my sticker books. They're hell for storage - the eyelets snag other books when you're trying to put them back and they actually take up about an extra 1.5" for every 20 or so books you have. I have something around 120 books, so I just regained about 9" of extra storage space. But my hand hurts like hell now. 

I'm procrastinating like hell on scheduling Noah's science work, so I had to enter today's assignments into Homeschool Planet for him to see and check off. This class I'm actually creating myself and unlike some of the other classes I've written for him, this one (biology) doesn't have as clear of a sequence as some of the others. I keep changing my mind about which direction to go first,. and I'm really upset about the loss of resources due to the pandemic so the hands-on portion is greatly changed. 

Now I need to keep working on my classes for my real estate license. Oh btw, I'm totally doing that right now. Not to actually sell real estate, just to get a job doing what I used to do in real estate only with a license so the pay will be considerably higher. I snagged a great deal on Black Friday on an online package recommended only for people with a lot of real estate experience. All I really do is read the pages/slides and then take a test at the end. So far I've only encountered a few details here and there that I didn't already know, so it's going well. I'd probably be much further along, except holidays. 

Later I have to read to my kiddos. Right now I'm just reading random nursery rhymes and fairy tales to Luke. Noah and I have worked out a deal where we go over grammar/poetry/vocabulary together, then I read to him while he plays video games. I read selections from a book called Eastern Hemisphere which aligns with our history/literature and gives more information about whatever country the books are set in (China and Korea currently). I also read a few poems from our poetry book of the year/semester (All the Small Poems and Fourteen More), the history/lit. read aloud (Young Fu of the Upper Yangtze), a chapter of our Eastern Philosophy book (The Circle of Happiness), and then a few chapters of our family read aloud (that Trevor and Luke may or may not join us for depending on whatever they're doing)(currently There's a Boy in the Girls Bathroom). Sometimes I'll read selections of various encyclopedias we have if there's more information we want to dig into or if there's something that I know is going to require a lot of discussion so I don't necessarily want to assign it with his normal work which is largely independent now. There's typically a lot of discussion that happens after each reading selection anyway, so this actually takes us up to 2 hours sometimes. 

I'm also going to have to start dinner soon. And find time to pack to go to my mother-in-law's for the weekend. 

My life is not exactly exciting which is why I'm procrastinating by writing about it instead of doing it. 

20210114_160221.jpg

20210114_180713.jpg

On 1/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Made cheesy beer bread in a fun pan. Recipe needs a little tweaking. My husband thinks it needs butter instead of olive oil, thinks it would give it a sweeter flavor. Its very peppery, might cut down on the black pepper next time. But still tasty.

20210110_174254.jpg

Where are the waffle gladiators?  LOL!  That is awesome!

On 1/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Got fired (again). I'm okay, though. I knew this was coming. I already have my temp agency rep trying to get me in contact with two different places. He knows I'm trying to get out of sales, so these are customer service positions. Hopefully, I'll get in with one of them soon. Just once, I'd like to know what it's like to actually resign, though.

Sorry you got let go.  Sales really sucks.  I tried doing that for like 5 minutes years ago.  Lame.  

Are there any financial institutions near you?  Maybe customer service phone banks for banks or credit unions?  Or maybe even teller jobs?  If that isn't your thing, cool.  Just a suggestion.

5 hours ago, Zathras said:

Sorry you got let go.  Sales really sucks.  I tried doing that for like 5 minutes years ago.  Lame.  

Are there any financial institutions near you?  Maybe customer service phone banks for banks or credit unions?  Or maybe even teller jobs?  If that isn't your thing, cool.  Just a suggestion.

Thanks, man. My temp agency rep is already actively campaigning for me for at least two customer service positions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.