Anyone get anything cool for Christmas?

Hobbes

Been wanting this for a while, but got the Homestar Flux (not to be confused with Homestar Runner) home planetarium

Had a planetarium thing in my room as a kid and I have always wanted one, but most have poor lighting and don't have real constellations.  This thing is freaking amazing...plus you can but additional images.  Now I just want to buy one of those inflatable planetariums...

6 hours ago, Hobbes said:

Dude that is awesome!

I didnt get anything too special but did get nice stuff (new Garmin watch, running shoes). I'm most proud of the gifts I gave. Got my husband a MasterClass membership as a spur of the moment thing. He loves learning like this so I think it was the perfect gift. Got my son a stuffed Ender Dragon (Minecraft) that we had to wait a month for and barely made it here. It blew his little mind.

20201225_101303.jpg

My sister and I were talking about the Kristen Wiig SNL skit about mom's on Christmas and how it hit a little too close to home for us. So the boys (hubs, BIL, and Noah) wanted to watch it and streamed it. Then Trevor and Noah went to Walmart and bought me a robe...and some other random stuff from Walmart like Oreos and Hershey's Kisses because apparently they lost all the gifts they'd originally bought me and really don't understand how not funny they are. 

My mom gave me a rose gold Bluetooth karaoke microphone and clothing that's 2 sizes too small. But my niece (really my sister) bought the planner and sticker pack that I wanted but couldn't find down here, so that was nice. 

Yeah, that SNL skit did hit a little too close to home. I bought myself chocolate for my own stocking. I had to order one of my own gifts on Amazon. My husband tried to get me to order both, so I wrote down my shoe size, the shoe I wear, and 2 stores he could call. Fortunately, he got the hint and picked up a pair.

My in-laws are actually really good at buying presents. This year they stayed a little more low-key, but they got me a wooden sudoku board that looks nice. They have pretty much mastered the funny but useful gift. Like one year my father-in-law was annoyed one day about hamburger patties so he got a perfect patty presser from his wife. Silly, but thoughtful.

My dad finally figured out that I won't cash his checks so he sent cash. Dammit. On the bright side it was a lot smaller amount than usual. I love my dad but he needs to save his money so he can retire. He paid cash for about a year of college and paid all my living expenses, plus bought me a car to get me through college. He set me up for success, pretty much to his detriment, so I hate taking money from him.

On 12/27/2020 at 6:10 PM, Cerina said:

My sister and I were talking about the Kristen Wiig SNL skit about mom's on Christmas and how it hit a little too close to home for us. So the boys (hubs, BIL, and Noah) wanted to watch it and streamed it. Then Trevor and Noah went to Walmart and bought me a robe...and some other random stuff from Walmart like Oreos and Hershey's Kisses because apparently they lost all the gifts they'd originally bought me and really don't understand how not funny they are. 

My mom gave me a rose gold Bluetooth karaoke microphone and clothing that's 2 sizes too small. But my niece (really my sister) bought the planner and sticker pack that I wanted but couldn't find down here, so that was nice. 

I just looked up that skit.  Pretty good...I never got my mom a robe but when I was like 10 or so I got my mom a waffle machine so she could make me waffles.

I got a fitbit from the work Christmas raffle that actually does blood pressure (it's accuracy is not great but it will help me as I try to lose weight).

My sister bought me a cat charm for my charm bracelet from James Avery. Every year I ask and every year nothing but this year I got one! Going to try and buy some extras when I go in to add to my charm bracelet. 

On the sad side, Tina had a bipolar meltdown after Christmas and is running a fever from sinus infections and a UTI so it's been a walking on egg shells kinda Christmas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.