The Westside.

Ms. Spam

So there's a part of San Antonio known for a certain kind of element. For instance this mall on Ingram is known for banger pretenders who wear a bowl cut. People drive a certain kind of car that anywhere in the world would be considered junk. You can throw a rock and hit about three different Taco Jaliscos and they're better than crack. And for this:

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2020/12/14/woman-with-5-kids-carjacked-man-on-san-antonios-west-side-saturday?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR01adLaOiHRs98aYRcHfzR-0G1QqnMqleOJ_Hx-_uehvNkXVKxcwChY_tE#Echobox=1607967908

This woman carjacked a guy with five kids in tow.

This one is pretty funny. I still find it odd that people don't car carry in SA. One of the nice things about Texas in general is the fact that the castle doctrine extends to your vehicle. No license required.

I work over on the Westside, and that is one of the few places in town where I will not go out and about, regardless of time of day, without a 9mm on me, at a minimum.

A couple of months back I grabbed some lunch near work and was eating it in my car. I had pulled off into a shopping mall parking lot away from the other cars.

Then some rough looking character at the bus stop saw me park, and started walking straight at my car pretty briskly. He had a particular look on his face that indicated that this was not going to be a friendly visit.

So, I took my little friend out, held it up, smiled, and waved it. He stopped dead in his tracks, gave me a nasty look, turned around, and went back to the bus stop.

Sometimes, an armed society, (more often than not), is a polite society.

You gotta live your best life so I am not hating on them but it's funny how certain areas of town get a kind of reputation or character. Last night my sister and I cruised a neighborhood looking at Christmas lights and you know it's going to be not done by Dad lighting but they paid someone to come and decorate. But so worth it. 

29 minutes ago, Ms. Spam said:

You gotta live your best life so I am not hating on them but it's funny how certain areas of town get a kind of reputation or character. Last night my sister and I cruised a neighborhood looking at Christmas lights and you know it's going to be not done by Dad lighting but they paid someone to come and decorate. But so worth it. 

I used to live right outside of Windcrest. Loved cruising through there at dusk on weekdays before the crowds got too big.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:26 AM, Ms. Spam said:

Hahaha. Oh SA, you so crazy. In all seriousness though, that is pretty impressive. Way to improvise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.