Why was Community College so not like it is at Greendale Community College for me?

Ms. Spam

On 12/12/2020 at 3:54 PM, Ms. Spam said:

I WANT MY MONEY BACK. LOL

Anyone binging Community right now? 

The wife and I have been recently. I forgot how good this show is. I was a bit preoccupied with lifing and adulting when it first came out, but this is definitely a hidden gem in the streaming archives that I've been partaking in recently.

55 minutes ago, Ms. Spam said:

I had forgotten the Russo Brothers did have some connection to this so I thoroughly enjoy some things now more than before. 

I really want to make a giant pillow fort like they did.

One of the best episodes of the first couple of seasons, IMHO. That and the missing pen one. Those are some stand outs for me.

Chevy Chase was at his best early on, while everyone else was a little more realistic and he was zany. Then they tried to keep him at the same level of zaniness and horribleness relative to the rest of the group. 

I love that show so much.

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

I loved the show until I suddenly hated it. I think it peaked with zombie apocalypse Nerf war episode. The more absurd it became the less I liked it. Not sure I even watched the last 2 seasons.

I think you're mixing up a few things. There were several paintball episodes (no Nerf) and there was a zombie episode in the second season. 

I would personally rate season 2 as the best. It's the right mix of absurdity before things went overboard. And then season 4 is terrible because they got rid of Dan Harmon, and season 5 is trying to make up for season 4, and season 6 is getting together with old friends but you all lost touch because you have nothing in common and so you try to make it work but there's no value to it.

It's been a while since I've seen it but I have a great deal of affection for Season 4. Just having the core cast together without the disruptions and replacements of the later seasons really works in its favour.

(I haven't gone through and tabulated it in detail but my gut feeling is it's 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 5 for me.)

Yeah, I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but I had already heard that Glover leaves in later seasons and the whole thing kinda loses it's mojo after that. The first time around I only ever had time to watch some snippets of the first season or two. Looks like I'll be stopping after season 3.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.