MCU future

Darth Krawlie

Here's everything announced at the Disney Investor Day meeting.

BLACK WIDOW
  • The movie is confirmed to be released on May 7, 2021.

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS
  • The movie is confirmed to be released on July 9, 2021.

• The cast is officially announced: the movie stars Simu Liu as Shang-Chi, alongside Tony Leung, Awkwafina, Michelle Yeoh, Fala Chen, Meng’er Zhang, Florian Munteanu, and Ronny Chieng respectively as Wenwu (Mandarin), Katy, Jiang Nan, Jiang Li, Xialing, Razor Fist, Jon Jon.

ETERNALS
  • The movie is confirmed to be released on November 5, 2021.

UNTITLED SPIDER-MAN THREEQUEL
  • The movie will be connected to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS
  • The movie is confirmed to be released on March 25, 2022.

• The director is confirmed to be Sam Raimi.

• Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Benedict Wong, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams will return respectively as Stephen Strange, Wanda Maximoff, Wong, Baron Mordo, Christine Palmer.

• Actress Xochitl Gomez officially joins the cast as America Chavez.

THOR LOVE AND THUNDER
  • The movie’s release date has been moved to May 6, 2022.

• As we already knew, Chris Hemsworth will return as Thor alongside Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster.

• Christian Bale has been officially casted as the villain, Gorr the God Butcher.

• The movie will began shooting in January.

BLACK PANTHER II
  • The movie’s release date has been moved to July 8, 2022.

• Chadwick Boseman won’t be officially recasted.

• With T’Challa absence, the movie will explore the world of Wakanda and the characters introduced in the first movie.

CAPTAIN MARVEL 2
  • The movie’s release date has been moved to November 11, 2022.

• Nia DaCosta is confirmed to be directing the movie.

• Iman Vellani and Teyonah Parris officially join the cast as Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau (respectively introduced in Ms. Marvel and WandaVision) alongside Brie Larson returning as Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel).

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA
  • Ant-Man threequel official title is Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

• Peyton Reed will be returning as the director.

• Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer will return respectively as Scott Lang, Hope Van Dyne, Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne.

• Kathryn Newton will officially play Cassie Lang, replacing Emma Fuhrmann.

• Jonathan Majors officially joins the cast as Kang the Conqueror.

BLADE
  • The development of the movie, starring Mahershala Ali as Blade, is coming together and we’ll get some news very soon.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3
  • The movie will be released in 2023.

FANTASTIC 4
  • The movie has been officially announced.

• Jon Watts will be the director of the first MCU movie on a family of superheroes.

WANDAVISION
  • As already announced, the show will begin airing on January 15, 2021.

• The official trailer has been released.

• The official poster has been released.

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER
  • An official release date has been confirmed: March 19, 2021.

• The official teaser trailer has been released.

• The official teaser poster has been released.

LOKI
  • The show will be released on May 2021.

• The show will add new vibes to the MCU since a thriller project is being made by Marvel for the first time.

• The cast has been officially announced: Tomi Hiddleston will return as Loki; Sophia Di Martino, Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Richard E. Grant and Wunmi Mosaku have been cast in undisclosed roles.

WHAT IF … ?
  • The show will be released in mid-2021.

MS. MARVEL
  • An official Special Look has been released, showing some first footage of the show.

• As we knew, the directors will be Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, and Meera Menon.

• Iman Vellani has officially been confirmed to be playing the protagonist Kamala Khan.

• Aramis Knight, Saagar Shaikh, Rish Shah, Zenobia Shroff, Mohan Kapur, Matt Lintz, Yasmeen Fletcher, Laith Nakli, Azher Usman, Travina Springer, and Nimra Bucha have been cast in undisclosed roles.

• The show will be released in late-2021.

HAWKEYE
  • Hailee Steinfeld has officially joined the cast as Kate Bishop.

• As we knew, the other cast members are: Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop, Fra Fee as Kazi and Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez (Echo).

• Brian d'Arcy James has officially joined the cast.

• As we knew, the directors will be Bert & Bertie and Rhys Thomas.

• The show will be released in late-2021.

SHE-HULK
  • Tatiana Maslany has officially joined the cast as Jennifer Walters (She-Hulk).

• Tim Roth has officially joined the cast as Abomination, reprising his role from The Incredible Hulk.

• Mark Ruffalo will be officially returning as Bruce Banner (Hulk).

• The directors will be Kat Coiro and Anu Valia.

• As expected, the show will be a comedy.

• Kevin Feige said that since ‘Jennifer Walters is a lawyer who specializes specifically in superhero oriented cases, you never know what marvel characters are going to pop up from episode to episode”.

MOON KNIGHT
  • The Marvel Studios original series for Disney+ centers on the character Marc Spector aka Moon Knight, a complex vigilante who suffers from dissociative identity disorder. These multiple identities who live inside him are distinct characters in the series and will appear against a backdrop of Egyptian iconography.

• Mohamed Diab will direct the show.

SECRET INVASION
  • Secret Invasion, a new original Marvel and Disney+ tv show, has officially been announced.

• The show is about a group of Skrulls who infiltrates every level on life on Earth.

• Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn will return as Nick Fury and Talos as the protagonists of the show.

• The show will be tied to the movies.

IRONHEART
  • Ironheart, a new original Marvel and Disney+ tv show, has officially been announced.

• The show is about the young hero Riri Williams, the creator of the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man.

• Dominique Thorne has been officially cased as the protagonist.

• The show will be tied to the movies.

ARMOR WARS
  • Armor Wars, a new original Marvel and Disney+ tv show, has officially been announced.

• The show is about Tony Stark’s worst fear coming true: what happens when his tech falls into the wrong hands?

• The protagonist of the show will be War Machine, so Don Cheadle is returning to play the role.

THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: HOLIDAY SPECIAL
  • The Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special, a new original Marvel and Disney+ live-action special, has officially been announced.

• The special, directed by James Gunn, will be filmed during the shootings of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

I AM GROOT
  • I Am Groot, a new original Marvel and Disney+ series of shorts stories, has officially been announced.

• Everyone’s favorite little tree, Baby Groot, will star in a series of shorts featuring several new and unusual characters.

Not announced but in the works are Oscar Isaac starring as Moon Knight.

Oh also Spider-Man 3, you may or may not have heard, seems to be a live action Spider-Verse. Heavily likely to return are: Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Alfred Molina, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Jamie Foxx. In addition, Charlie Cox as Daredevil. And whomever else from the MCU Spider-Man franchise so far. And Dr. Strange. So pretty jam packed.

I am disappointed that there is no Silver Surfer in there.  They could easily fit Silver Surfer into GOTG and Fantastic Four. I hope they are planning on doing more Avengers movies, with new characters.  They should set up another extinction level event over the course of a dozen movies  or so (avengers + the individual hero movies), with Galactus as the big bad. 

I think they are waiting on the X-Men for now-- probably a good idea given how big it was with Fox. F4 was forgettable they can jump in, but X-Men they will want to get some distance. I appreciate this, but also, I am sad that we'll never see the X-Men interact with Cap or Iron Man.

From that list, i am am actually excited for Armor Wars. I loved those in the comics, even if it was Tony at the center, doing it with Rhodey could be fun.

Oh boy!? Owen Wilson's going to be in the Loki show? Did they cast him BECAUSE of the impression or was that just a bonus? I remember seeing a clip of Tom Hiddleston on the red carpet and he's doing the 'burdened with glorious purpose' monologue from The Avengers (2012) in character as Owen Wilson, it was great, it wasn't just the voice, it was little asides, it was posture, he did something with the way he moved his face which made him seem like he even had the guy's nose. (It occurs to me now that I might be misremembering a deepfake where someone used a computer to synch up Owen Wilson's face with Tom Hiddleston's impression?)

Doom's film rights were, until very recently, controlled by Fox. He's back under the Marvel/Disney banner now, and will likely be in the MCU Fantastic Four movie. I'd love for him to be the next big bad, he's my number one choice, but with Kang the Conqueror having been cast already, I have a feeling it'll be him.

• 4 months later...

Great trailer! Marvel do such a great job with this sort of stuff! :hail:

So then!   It will be 2 years (and 7 days) after the final film in Phase 3 was released that the first film of Phase 4 comes out, with a total of 10 films being released in a 1 year and 10 month window!    And that's not including the tv shows!   What a machine the MCU is to keep producing such strong material!
Very nice to look forward to after the sad enforced break from the cinema! :yes:

C4D73DFF-4A08-4DF7-B16B-26BD0DCA1EE2.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Yes, I'm looking forward to the "What if?" series which starts next Wednesday - I enjoy those type of alternative universes like they did with Star Wars in a comic run called Infinities for the original 3 films.   

Here's the latest teaser trailer (which is followed up by the longer trailer from a while back):

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.