Next Mass Effect Game

Zerimar Nyliram

Not to spoil anything, but it’s definitely better to do Virmire after everything else on your plate.

You don’t HAVE to— some people do it before. Some people even wait to recruit Liara until after Benezia is dead, the story really does allow you do things in any order you want, but it is also definitely designed to work best a certain way.

Virmire is one of those story choke points where things condense down before opening back up again. 

34 minutes ago, Gamevet said:

What console are you playing it on? I’m thinking about picking it up for my base PS4. I’m a trophy whore, what can I say?

I’m on the PS5 using the PS4 disks. As I say, nothing to compare it to coming in fresh to it (the notorious “yellow light of death” destroyed my PS3 and any hopes of playing it originally), but can’t fault it so far!

Trophies definitely made easier compared to the original lists I have seen (as in there being less need for multiple play through’s).

I’ve played through the entire trilogy on my PS3.

My wife gave me a $500 gift card from Best Buy, along with Demon Souls for Christmas. I gave up trying to find a PS5 and just used the card to get a switch. I guess I could just get it for PS4 and hope that I can find a PS5 by the end of the summer.

It hasn’t been optimised for PS5 or Series X, so I wouldn’t hold out for a next gen console and just play it on PC or PS4.

It’s basically the same deal as Cyberpunk where the next gen console releases are just ports of the current gen. Difference though is BioWare have indicated no future update to optimise it. So if you want to make the most of it, play on PC. 

Bioware though may come to their senses and optimise it for next gen though, otherwise seems a wasted release. 

They wouldn’t be the same teams working on both so no reason they couldn’t update.

But I’m also coming off a lot harsher on them than I mean to. It still looks and plays great on next gen - just not something I’d wait for it to play. Just grab it now.

It is really weird there isn’t optimization for the new Gen. What’s the point of this release then? Buy the games again for slight texture differences? It is no wonder Gaming PC owners laugh at consoles. I have already spent hundreds of hours playing these games on PS4, every possibility. This was sold like the Million Dollar Man intro and as such I was like damn that’ll be neat to see on my eventual Series X.

Disappointed.

It’s a lot more than a slight texture difference and it’s been in the works for a long time. I’m guessing remastering for next gen would find them needing to start over. Keep in mind the IP was kinda dead and doing this was also a way to reinvigorate it for the new game which will be next gen.

7 hours ago, zambingo said:

It is really weird there isn’t optimization for the new Gen. What’s the point of this release then? Buy the games again for slight texture differences? It is no wonder Gaming PC owners laugh at consoles. I have already spent hundreds of hours playing these games on PS4, every possibility. This was sold like the Million Dollar Man intro and as such I was like damn that’ll be neat to see on my eventual Series X.

Disappointed.

Nah it’s still really good on Next gen. I’m playing on Series X and it’s still higher res and higher FPS, but still just a port of the PS4/Xbone version. Though from all accounts so is the PC version since all the tech settings are scaled back. But yeah really baffling to target this on the older gen this late. 

On 5/18/2021 at 6:58 PM, Tank said:

I regret never having played KOTOR. I've tried, but it's just too dated for me to get into. hopefully the rumored remaster happens soon.

Man I hope so too.

KOTOR and KOTOR2 with restored content are legitimately two of my favourite games of all time. Probably right up there with Fallout 2 and Skyrim.  

• 5 weeks later...

My oldest son and his wife bought me the Legendary Edition for Father’s Day. I have to admit even tho I was like why no new Gen version, the game looks good. Walking around the Citadel is still a chore tho.

If anyone is interested here’s my take on Bioware’s canon FemShep.

E163F429-D0E4-4C94-A79C-B59190D7A2C5.jpeg

680D59FF-F175-4D5C-933D-CFDDC9B2D952.jpeg

9DFAD1D3-C55B-443F-A329-769E4C4EB713.jpeg

So the unlocking of the weapons to all classes in ME1 sort of broke the difficulty settings, IMO. Being a Sentinel that can use any weapon feels like cheating.

Experiencing the planet exploration missions again has reminded me how horrible BioWare was at both programming “weight” into the Mako and the planetary level design. Also this humorously made me think that BioWare and/or in game Joker are real ***holes because the Normandy has guns, can hover and fly in atmosphere. There is no reason for the Mako to even exist in this game.

The second and third game makes that even more clear when you take a VOTL shuttle everywhere-- and even have on the rails gunning levels. It's extra weird in Andromedas to go back to a ground effect vehicle, even if the controls of the Nomad was WAY better than the Mako.

And while I stayed with the weapon specific sniper rifle with my Infiltrator, this is definitely the highest scoring and least death-laden run through I have had.

Just to give an update - I'm onto ME2 and at the stage where I have done the collector ship mission and am now mopping up the remaining two recruitments (Tali & Samara), plus I have the remaining loyalty missions (I have only done 3 so far - Miranda, Jacob & Kasumi) and several extra missions to do.   I finished off the Shadow Broker mission last night (after England v Germany in the footie of course!) which was very enjoyable and a good challenge.

I really enjoyed ME1, but ME2 feels like it's taken it to another level.    Great stuff.   I carried my character over - Infiltrator still as I enjoyed using the sniper rifle, and am tending to favour Miranda and Thane at present.

Anyone else can’t stop themselves from hanging up on the Council every time they say don’t hang up? lmao I always have to remind myself they already have a full report so it’s not like they are going uninformed.

We don’t find this amusing, Shepard.

[click]

I do tho.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

It’s considered one of the best games ever. It’s so freaking good. I love Omega and Ilum, and how different they are. Such a great game. Who are you liking/hating?

Absolutely - thoroughly enjoying the missions and the concept of the story! 

Character-wise, Miranda (for obvious reasons), Garrus and Mordin (find his dialogue very amusingly blunt!) are good fun. Jack is mental - need to use her a bit more on missions I think!

Locations are brilliantly realised - totally agree on Omega and Illium - spent most of my time there! Citadel also good, although not as big as before sadly. 
Great game!

4 hours ago, Rogue 3 said:

Absolutely - thoroughly enjoying the missions and the concept of the story! 

Character-wise, Miranda (for obvious reasons), Garrus and Mordin (find his dialogue very amusingly blunt!) are good fun. Jack is mental - need to use her a bit more on missions I think!

Locations are brilliantly realised - totally agree on Omega and Illium - spent most of my time there! Citadel also good, although not as big as before sadly. 
Great game!

I used Jack a lot, her Shockwave power is the best attack in the game to deal with clustered multiple enemies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.