Next Mass Effect Game

Zerimar Nyliram

Sounds as though the character builder has gotten a major overhaul and tracks through all three games, so cosmetically you can get in deep with a new stand by. Sadly though, the skill systems still sound like they are individual to the games.

I like that the default FemShep face from ME3 has been put into ME1 and ME2. I hope they've also included an option to import your Shepard from any of the three existing original games.

There are a few big things missing, however: the Pinnacle Station DLC from ME1 and multiplayer from ME3. I was never crazy about either of them, but I assume that getting the perfect endings in ME3 will be much easier now. I used to play the multiplayer for that purpose, then in later years I started meticulously hunting down most of the war assets as an alternative. Both were tedious.

For the former, Bioware said that they basically can't get the resources from the company that made the DLC. All they were able to give them was a bunch of broken assets. Not a big deal since the mission was rather pointless, and we've still got Bring Down the Sky which is a million times better and actually worth the experience.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

This will be my first time playing it on PC, so I am stoked to get this experience, and hopefully by the time I am done mods will be updated.

Nexusmods.com and use vortex as a mod manager. It's idiot proof.

Yes, Nexusmods is my go-to for KOTOR and Mass Effect mods. They seem to be becoming the spot of PC mods on the Internet, which sadly makes it extremely hard to find mods for other games not currently covered on their website.

Here's an interesting article which tells why Mass Effect 2 is so amazing. Essentially, it had no crunch, there was very little pressure, and they had time to take their time with it, fine-tune it, and generally have fun making it. It shows in the final product.

Also, one thing that the list of changed above didn't mention but I am curious about is if the Conrad Verner quest bug has been fixed. I currently use a save editor to put the Paragon dialogue into the game that you normally can't hear due to the bug. It'd be nice to not have to do that.

Dude you have no idea. There is a sight called loverslab that adds scripts and framework to the games so you can bone other characters and have it animated. Want to go hooking in the wasteland and bone super mutants? Totally possible. Gamers never cease to amaze. But to be fair they have some great mods on that site too, for immersion purposes. Ahem.

If you plan on modding fallout 4 heavily I would recommend following a guide. As you generally need to add stability patches and bug fixes and the like before adding mods. Take your time and read ALL the directions mod authors put on their page, regarding installation and compatability with other mods. Also some mods require other mods. And most all the good fallout mods will require the Fallout4 script extender. Just bear in mind It should be a long and involved process not hurried. I finally finished modding Skyrim SE and I spend about 3 hours each day for 2 weeks or more downloading things installing them and making sure everything worked ok. I followed a guide buy a very experienced guy called Sintar gaming (unfortunately he doesnt have a mod guide for  fallout 4 but there will be others out there) and it was an immense help.

The biggest problem with modding is the sheer volume of mods, trying to sort through and find the ones you want and then installing them in the right order and load order so the correct ones overwrite the ones you want over written. 

If course it doesn't have to be like that, if you just want to add in a few mods here and there, but I find heavily modding games to be super fun and rewarding. And when you go large following a guide is kind of essential so you don't wind up making the game crash to desktop every 2 minutes.

I read that the war asset thing was being "rebalanced." They said you don't have to find every last object and quest item to unlocked the "best" endings, but it will help. They are also adding in points for the completion of 1 and 2 on the same save file.

People will argue forever about the endings and whether they were satisfying or not. I can see the argument, but I can live with them.

Forcing people to play multiplayer to get the “best” endings though was just so wrong-minded. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:22 PM, Tank said:

Side quests can make or break a game for me. In ME2 there were a lot, but they seemed organic and tied to the main quest. In ME3 you randomly overhear somebody mention they dropped their hammer on a planet and you fly there to get it and bring it back... over and over and over-- you HAVE to because they tied over all game completion to unlocking the better endings. 

I love all the ME games on the whole, but when I replay, it does get tedious around the middle of ME3.

Cyberpunk is dying by the endless fetch quest and dungeon clearing side quests. Red Dead 2 was the absolute best at side quests in terms of making them seem organic to the story. In fact, one of the biggest plot points begins in a side quest. Upon my second play through I realized they sort of cleverly stall the story until you play that side quest. It was genius.

One thing I will always hate are collectables.

Yes, RDR2 (and the original game from memory) is the standout on the way to incorporate the collectable element to a game.   One of my probs is being a bit of an obsessive collector - once I start on something, need to see it through to the end, so I have to pick and choose my games wisely!   :yes:

Alien Isolation was a good example. Loved the tension in that one but the trophies required multiple play throughs at varying difficulty levels which took a fair bit of time (the nature of the game is one small mistake and you are dead.  Very tense!), but the satisfaction of getting the final trophy and seeing that 100% when I click into my PS trophy list is nice!  Really enjoyed playing that game, so that helped all the hours I put in!  

Assassins Creed is a series that I'm sure is a love or hate for many I guess. I have been there from the start and of the 12 main installments, I've missed 3 I think (Unity, Rogue and Odyssey).   I've generally picked them up when they have been out for a while and are in the bargain range as they are very good value for money then.   

Just coming to the end of Valhalla now - final county of England to win over.   Based on the above comment, I imagine this will not be the sort of collectables you would like Tank (as they are very much not part of the main storyline), but it has kept me entertained and was the only launch title for the PS5 I was interested in.    A bit glitchy in places as a launch title, but that has not overly affected me - I think the patches have sorted most of that out.   I've enjoyed the different countries and historical elements to these games over the years, even if the storylines are a bit light in places.

Will get that 100% complete over the next few days and then have a nice breather before the next game!   Probs will be the ME Legendary set unless I find a cheeky game to squeeze in first. 

(guilty admission - the Lego games are ones I thoroughly enjoy and I can't wait for the "LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga" to eventually come out!  Great fun after all the serious ones out there!)

Funny enough, the SW Lego games are the only ones where I felt compelled to replay to find all the collectibles. It’s criminal how expensive they are now for as old as they are. I had them on the Wii. They were the first game my son ever completed and we want to replay them.

Ah good!   Glad it's not just me!   The humour in them is very nice and it does help that they do them based on our favourite films!  Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Marvel - I mean come on!   That's a company that knows it's audience! :yes:

Going back to the original topic, any tips you would suggest for a newbie when his copy of the PS4 Mass Effect Legendary set is delivered in May?   Thinking more on character creation here - what you enjoyed, what you might recommend for a first time play?     Normally I would just see what I fancied on the day, but am keenly aware of it being 3 epic games rather than 1!

I think the replayability and collecting are so epic because of the simple, yet complex puzzles in relation to character abilities. Whether it’s needing a little dude to crawl through a hatch, a droid to hack a door, a bounty hunter to blow open a wall... from go you are enticed with places you can’t get to. When you pass a level you unlock new characters to get to said places. It’s just a great balance.

Making your own characters is super fun too, no tips needed, it’s all very organic.

The classic Indy games are like that too. I honestly stopped playing them after the Lego movie because the newer games changed up this way of playing, and the visually got harder on my eyes.

• 1 month later...

Can’t wait for ME: LE to come out in May!

Having done a little research, think I am going to start the first game, first run through as Soldier with Garrus & Wrex, then move to some of the more interesting skill sets for the second and third run through’s to get all those trophies!

Avoiding plot spoilers, but like to prep for those trophies when playing this type of game!

I was excited but not overly amazed by the comparison pics— but IGN has a big video now with in-game footage and BioWare released an official breakdown of some of the bigger changes. I’m pretty amped now. I’ll also be playing it on PC for the first time, so it should feel shiny and new.

Not sure what my build will be yet. I’ve tried them all and always found Infiltrator to be the most fun. BroShep never does it for me.

Companion-wise, For story I like to take Garrus or Tali as a regulars given that they are the only ones you can use full in all 3 games. But generally I base my squad on the combos I’ll get from my build and the type of enemy we’ll face (synthetic vs biotic vs soldiers).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.