Disney Investor News Dump

The Choc

Well alot of announcements today. Lucasfilm has announced the following:

Kenobi, which will have Hayden as Vader!

Rangers of the New Republic, set during the basic timeframe of the Mandalorian

Ahsoka, also set during that time frame

Andor, the Rogue One prequel for 2022

The Bad Batch, the animated continuation of The Clone Wars and Rebels

Visions, a series of short animated stories by Japanese anime artists

Lando, with Donald Glover

The Acolyte which will be mystery thriller set in the late stages of the High Repuplic

A Droid Story, about a new droid guided by Threepio and Artoo

Rogue Squadron, a movie directed by Patty Jenkins

The Taiki Waititi movie is in develepment.

Some of this way known but alot of it wasn't. Thats alot of stuff!

Not Star Wars, but was this also the first offical confirmation that James Mangold is directing Indy 5? I know it pretty much had been but was still kinda holding out hope Spielberg would do it. 

Funny to think in 2008 we were all making jokes about Ford being too old to play him...

7 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

Not Star Wars, but was this also the first offical confirmation that James Mangold is directing Indy 5? I know it pretty much had been but was still kinda holding out hope Spielberg would do it. 

Funny to think in 2008 we were all making jokes about Ford being too old to play him...

We weren’t wrong.

The only one I can really say I'm excited for is Rogue One. I'm glad to see Patty Jenkins get the opportunity.

Other than that, Ewan is always enjoyable so I'll probably watch Kenobi, and it'll be interesting to see if they chicken out of Taiki Waititi halfway through when they realize that they hired someone who is going to add comedy.

Kenobi, which will have Hayden as Vader!

This is AWESOME! Is this a series or movie? I am also assuming Ewan is coming back?

Rangers of the New Republic, set during the basic timeframe of the Mandalorian

This kind of makes sense and expected they would do this between Tim Olyphant and Gina Carrano as sheriffs or marshals.  Also, basically seems the New Republic is learning that they need someone to fill the vacuum of the role the Jedi once filled, especially in the outer rim.

Ahsoka, also set during that time frame

I kind of expected this, as well.  Rosario Dawson did a great job in Mando.

Andor, the Rogue One prequel for 2022

We knew this was coming, but good confirmation.

The Bad Batch, the animated continuation of The Clone Wars and Rebels

I guess that could be good, but I was hoping for a Clone Wars style series, featuring Luke voiced by MH, instead.  Then again MH has been saying he is done with Star Wars.

Visions, a series of short animated stories by Japanese anime artists

I guess it could be cool.  Not what I'd likely watch. Depends on premise.

Lando, with Donald Glover

Yes!

The Acolyte which will be mystery thriller set in the late stages of the High Repuplic

I am not up on the High Republic.  I know it is pre TPM, and I am assuming around 500-1000 years BBY.  Is this right?

A Droid Story, about a new droid guided by Threepio and Artoo

Not interested.

Rogue Squadron, a movie directed by Patty Jenkins

HELL YES!

The Taiki Waititi movie is in develepment.

I'd need more info.

Here's a little extra inside info--

The "female centric" show run by Leslye Headlund is The Acolyte. One of the other writers from my Hulu show just locked her deal to be on staff. The fact it is happening THIS CLOSE to me is killing me-- but I adore her and she's a great writer so I am happy for her... but seriously... ONE DEGREE away.

Rangers is going to be written and run by Jon Favreu. Ahsoka, obv, written and run by Filoni. Neither will have writer's rooms. 

Lando will have a traditional room, and I am going to at the very least be submitted for it, but it will be a serious uphill battle.

Also, I have a film industry techie question for you, Tank.  I know we have deep fake videos, but how well can a voice be synthesized to sound like James Earl Jones, if someone else says the lines.  Or, how successful can they be to strengthen JEJ's voice to make it sound younger?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.