The most unfortunate surnames you have encountered in real life...

Zathras

There's a huge RV seller in Indiana called Tom Raper. They advertise through the entire region.

I'll have to spend some time thinking. I've seen some weird first names, but I can't think of weird last names right now.

Titcome or Titcum is pretty bad. But kind of silly.  

I went to a school with a guy called Richard Pain..(Dick Pain) poor fucker never lived that down. And another guy who's last name was Thrush.. he didn't get very far without being mercilessly savaged by the other students.  

But I feel as though first name/second name combos are invalid here.

Raper is for sure the worst. 

My husband giggles every time I mention Missy Aycock, a former sorority sister.

I grew up with kids with the last name Butt and Butz. Obviously one of them was nicknamed Seymour.

I work with a Richard Johnson. Super nice guy. I should go look into the work directory, there's gotta be someone out of 130k people with an unfortunate name.

I work in a call center at night....

Tinkle. Mrs. Tinkle. And I giggled like a school girl and made sure to say Mrs. Tinkle after EVERY question. 

And then when I worked at Cici's Pizza as a manager there was the unfortunate Indian man who's special request pizza for a spinach pizza with pineapples, jalepenos, bell pepper and onion was requested and his name was Gopee. And his really  unfortunate brothers name Anil who's special request pizza was the same thing plus banana peppers and olives. EW.

Also wtf is with people who spell names WACK. Like the name Khrystahl. Or anything that's a variation.

My last name should probably be pronounced closer to “Share Er” but since my family is from Southern Ohio, it’s pronounced Sheer, which rhymes with beer. People are never close to either pronunciation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.