A/S/L?

Odine

I had no idea that people would quote Sleepless in Seattle. I’m now left pondering what they would quote. “My wife died.” “He’s got allergies.” ??? Hmm... “they knew it” is prolly one, I guess. I would have thought someone quoting Frasier’s “tossed salad and scrambled eggs” or “hello, Seattle, I’m listening” would be more a thing.

6 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

anchorman is the worst thing to happen to this city. every visitor thinks they're so clever and funny for quoting it when they come here.

You’re a whale’s vagina.

You guys should be grateful for anchorman.  Maybe not anchorman 2 but it's your city heritage now.   Can't even keep a football team.  Speaking of which, when Philip Rivers and his 19 children left town, I bet the economy tanked.  

Indy has been recovering and everyone says it's because businesses have reopened. No.  It's the Rivers family effect.  

8 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

anchorman is the worst thing to happen to this city. every visitor thinks they're so clever and funny for quoting it when they come here.

I felt the same way regarding myself and the Green Mile. My last name is Coffey. In 7th grade I heard that fucking line every single day of my life. Had no idea what anyone was talking about. Purposely avoided ever watching that movie for probably 15-20 years. Which sucks, because when I did finally watch it, it’s certainly a classic.

40/M/Columbus, OH

Columbus has a lot of great things going for it - overall, the city is fairly young - we have a lot of universities in and around Columbus, including Ohio State, and a lot of people settle here. That's helped get some start-ups and such going here, which in turn draws even more young professionals. Our house value has nearly doubled since we bought it 6.5 years ago.  Lots of great food options, great parks, we don't have any extreme weather, or earthquakes, or anything. But I'm a little concerned about what's happening in the state politically - we have a solidly Republican governor who is maybe going to get impeached because people don't like that he's telling people to wear masks. Seriously. 

23 hours ago, Spider-Man said:

I had no idea that people would quote Sleepless in Seattle. I’m now left pondering what they would quote. “My wife died.” “He’s got allergies.” ??? Hmm... “they knew it” is prolly one, I guess. I would have thought someone quoting Frasier’s “tossed salad and scrambled eggs” or “hello, Seattle, I’m listening” would be more a thing.

"It was like...magic"

"You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie"

“It’s easier to be killed by a terrorist than it is to find a husband over the age of 40.”

'That statistic is not true.'

'Didn’t you see ‘Fatal Attraction?'

I don't get it, either. Fraser isn't big here.

Another thing about Columbus is that Ohio State Football is the primary religion. You might have heard that Ohio has professional sports teams - 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, an NBA team, a hockey team and a soccer team - Columbus being the home for the latter two. Nothing comes close to OSU football. I used to volunteer to work every OSU game Saturday when I worked at the public library, because nobody is doing anything other than watching football. It was great. 

19 hours ago, Fozzie said:

40/M/Columbus, OH

Columbus has a lot of great things going for it - overall, the city is fairly young - we have a lot of universities in and around Columbus, including Ohio State, and a lot of people settle here. That's helped get some start-ups and such going here, which in turn draws even more young professionals. Our house value has nearly doubled since we bought it 6.5 years ago.  Lots of great food options, great parks, we don't have any extreme weather, or earthquakes, or anything. But I'm a little concerned about what's happening in the state politically - we have a solidly Republican governor who is maybe going to get impeached because people don't like that he's telling people to wear masks. Seriously. 

You live in Columbus? Was that you on the other line talking to Randy?

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Another thing about Columbus is that Ohio State Football is the primary religion. You might have heard that Ohio has professional sports teams - 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, an NBA team, a hockey team and a soccer team - Columbus being the home for the latter two. Nothing comes close to OSU football. I used to volunteer to work every OSU game Saturday when I worked at the public library, because nobody is doing anything other than watching football. It was great. 

I wanted to hate Columbus but the people there were so nice to us for the Miami-Ohio State game back in 2010. 

45/M-ish/Los Angeles

I am old. I have posted here since I was 24. I will be 46 next month. 

Male, but anti-bro in every way. 

Los Angeles-- maybe you've heard of it. Moved here for grad school in 1999, and never left. I wanted to work in film and TV, and it only took a decade or so of work to finally break in. Now I am an insufferable douchebag. I can also now afford to live in LA, which is crazy. Looking to buy a new home soon. That means when I'm ready to cash out I can live like a pimp in the woods somewhere.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.