Anyone Black Friday shopping?

Metropolis

No.

I started to playing Warhammer 40K last May, and bought a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe last July. That's enough bad financial decisions for one year. Especially now that our provincial government has gone and closed all the schools, so the overtime at work is drying right up.

Once I get my Christmas bonus, everyone is getting either gift cards or cash. They can buy what they want, wrap it themselves, put it under the tree, and then act really surprised on Christmas morning when they open it up. I'm sick to death of Christmas.

Today I was able to snipe an auction on eBay for an Xbox One X “robot white” edition (not the new system, I know the naming convention is confusing). I’m happy with that, I have been looking for either the new Series X system or what is now last gen One X system because I sold my two PS4s to bolster Xmas this year. It all worked out, I was able to get two Nintendo Switch Lites (plus three games and two cases) and an Xbox One X for approx $450 in total.

Gamevet! We do the same thing every year for the Walmart tree. This year it's even easier because of Covid I don't have to wrap it!

I am so stupid excited for the new printer I was FINALLY able to buy to replace the 15 year old one that crapped out and wasn't supported any more I got for $19. I was getting sick of paying FedEx/Kinkos to print out homework and stuff because it was cheaper once I used my allotted paper from school. 

16 hours ago, The Kurgan said:

No.

I started to playing Warhammer 40K last May, and bought a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe last July. That's enough bad financial decisions for one year. Especially now that our provincial government has gone and closed all the schools, so the overtime at work is drying right up.

Once I get my Christmas bonus, everyone is getting either gift cards or cash. They can buy what they want, wrap it themselves, put it under the tree, and then act really surprised on Christmas morning when they open it up. I'm sick to death of Christmas.

I have been playing Warhammer II Total War and I am starting to get into the lore a bit.  What your recommendation for learning more about the lore of Warhammer 40K?

On BF, I went to an outdoor artisans market where I was very good and also came home with a fantastic new purse for a steal.

Today I did Small Business Saturday at one friend's lingerie shop and another's body product shop and I was not good. But damnit, I haven't splurged in a million years, I needed that.

3 hours ago, Hobbes said:

I have been playing Warhammer II Total War and I am starting to get into the lore a bit.  What your recommendation for learning more about the lore of Warhammer 40K?

YouTube. There's all kinds of it there. All kinds. Channels I've played are: Luetin09 (the best one, IMO), Oculus Imperia, 40K Theories, Tactica Imperialis and Arch Warhammer. There's a raft of podcasts also, but I'm far less familiar with them.

If you're just beginning in 40K, I'll second what Virul said and suggest starting with an overview of the Horus Heresy, since it's such a foundational event in series lore. You'll never get through everything though, so I'd suggest starting with a faction, historical period or specific conflict you're most interested in and focusing on that.

9 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

Gamevet! We do the same thing every year for the Walmart tree. This year it's even easier because of Covid I don't have to wrap it!

I am so stupid excited for the new printer I was FINALLY able to buy to replace the 15 year old one that crapped out and wasn't supported any more I got for $19. I was getting sick of paying FedEx/Kinkos to print out homework and stuff because it was cheaper once I used my allotted paper from school. 

I had just finished shopping for groceries today and checked out the tags on the way out. They want all items to be in by the 1st. I was already done with shopping for the day, so I don't know if I'll get to it in time. Way to plan Walmart!

I may just get a PS4 game for the children of my Sister-in-Laws former foster child. I can't find the address though and my Sister-in-Law passed away in her sleep back in March of this year. :(

2 hours ago, The Kurgan said:

YouTube. There's all kinds of it there. All kinds. Channels I've played are: Luetin09 (the best one, IMO), Oculus Imperia, 40K Theories, Tactica Imperialis and Arch Warhammer. There's a raft of podcasts also, but I'm far less familiar with them.

If you're just beginning in 40K, I'll second what Virul said and suggest starting with an overview of the Horus Heresy, since it's such a foundational event in series lore. You'll never get through everything though, so I'd suggest starting with a faction, historical period or specific conflict you're most interested in and focusing on that.

I looked that up and there are like 60 novels.

I also have nobody to buy for this year. My closest GFs all don't buy for adults, just the kids and grandkids in their families because of money. My Mom only wants my Dad back and I don't bring back the dead. I have no kids or grandkids and I can't see Jackie's grandkids this year so NO GIFTS FOR THEM. No, seriously, if I had the money, I'd buy little things for them but I don't. I don't want a tree because this place is a cat hair magnet to begin with. I will and have already done some decorating. I did my front door outside with pine boughs and clear lights, inside with green garland and fucshia lights and got clear icicle lights for all other windows and my crappy deck. so FESTIVE but not full-blown CHRISTMAS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.