Anyone Black Friday shopping?

Metropolis

Usually I don't Black Friday shop because most of the deals aren't what I usually want. This year most stores are extending their BF sales. This Friday I'm actually going to purchase a 50" 4K tv for our patio. An all weather 4k set costs at least $2000-3000. Why not put a cheapo set out there. Don't need high quality there.  

I think I might camp out at one of my local GameStop’s to try and grab an Xbox Series X. The GameStop closest to me is supposed to have 8 of them.

Ive never done anything like this. It’s stupid, and I shake my head anytime I see this kind of crap. But here we are. 

I forgot all about it, but there are a few things I want...

I would like a new, larger computer monitor.  My laptop is 240hz and my external monitor is 60hz.  Does anyone have a curved monitor, if so, how do you like it?  I would love to use the excuse that I work from home a lot more, but in reality it is for gaming. 

14 hours ago, David said:

Ive never done anything like this. It’s stupid, and I shake my head anytime I see this kind of crap. But here we are. 

We kind of camped out for a Nintendo Wii. We showed up at like 4 AM? 3rd in line. Worked great. We got 2, one for us and one for my brothers-in-law as their Christmas gift (they were probably 12 and 8 at the time?). We picked a smaller store (small Toys R Us) instead of going to Target or Best Buy. Haven't done it since, but it was probably worth doing. My husband wants a PS5 but he missed launch day so we will wait it out for a few months.

14 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I might go to my local toy/comic shop, they say they're gonna have some deals. Other than that no way. We're mostly done shopping for the kids already anyway.

I'm tempted to do a small Christmas for my kids because honestly, they have a room full of toys anyway. My son gets overwhelmed by gift opening and has a meltdown every year. Last year I finally convinced everyone to chill out and let him finish opening later instead of assuming he is naughty.

2 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

We kind of camped out for a Nintendo Wii. We showed up at like 4 AM? 3rd in line. Worked great. We got 2, one for us and one for my brothers-in-law as their Christmas gift (they were probably 12 and 8 at the time?). We picked a smaller store (small Toys R Us) instead of going to Target or Best Buy. Haven't done it since, but it was probably worth doing. My husband wants a PS5 but he missed launch day so we will wait it out for a few months.

I'm tempted to do a small Christmas for my kids because honestly, they have a room full of toys anyway. My son gets overwhelmed by gift opening and has a meltdown every year. Last year I finally convinced everyone to chill out and let him finish opening later instead of assuming he is naughty.

That’s not crazy. I would do that. So I went out at 6pm (I guess you can say yesterday now, it’s 2am here), and the GameStop a mile from my house already had about 20 people in line. Went to another GameStop about 5 miles away, and it was the same thing. So I noped it and went home.

I ordered 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for my PC from Best Buy. It was only $22. I ordered another 3 months for $20 from Target. I got a digital code through the email for from Target, while Best Buy charged me $4 for shipping a stupid card. I did save about $40 though.

We're doing okay financially. I do plan on buying something from the Walmart Christmas Tree, for a needy child. They certainly deserve it more than me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.