Meet the newest member of my family

Chalcedony

Ever since my cat, Stormy, died of cancer in July, I've been wanting to get a kitten. It feels empty here with only one cat, plus I think Elvira needs a companion, especially when I go away for a weekend at a friend's house. So, yesterday, I adopted this little girl from the Yavapai Humane Society. She is three months old, feisty, fearless, and opinionated. That was what attracted me to her at the shelter: she was YELLING louder than the other cats! And when I held her, she immediately began purring like a motorboat. I held another kitten, a beautiful calico, but the grey one kept hollering. So she came home with me.

As you can see, Elvira is really really really really really thrilled to have a new sibling. The kitten is under the blanket tent that I made for her, and Elvira is hissing at her. Today, they are still at that stage. Elvira threw up this morning, probably from the stress of having a new cat in the house after she had just got used to being an only cat. She seems to be getting better, though. 

I had a hard time choosing a for the n00b. I liked Earl Grey as a name, but she's a girl, and so it became...Pearl Grey! Also, Pearl Forrester is my favorite character on Mystery Science Theater 3000. She's a mad scientist, and the kitten is just plain mad, so it works out great!

Elvira's new little sister.png

I love them. I have a girl ginger who is making Schmoo crazy. He cries and cries to be with her even though he is neutered. She's a sweet girl but I am at catpacity. I've been trying to get her a good home before it gets cold. We are taking her to get fixed this weekend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.