Lego Holiday Special

The Choc

I thought it was fun, but I HATED it.

1.  I really loved the idea of Ray training Finn.  I was super excited to see Finn, the most wasted character in the history of cinema, actually do something interesting.  Boy, was I wrong.  Once again, he was a side piece who was irrelevant and used for bit jokes.   

2.  Once again, Disney didn't have an original idea.  Watching this was like going to see a cover band and getting excited when they played your favorite songs, but when they slipped in one of their original songs...your like WTF...this song sucks...go back to the songs I like. 

3.  Poe regulated to a pointless side plot...see Finn...

4.  Aren't Ray and Finn friends already?  Regardless, I didn't know padawans and their masters have to be friends. 

5.  Did they imply Rey had a part in blowing up the death star?

Okay, I know it is a holiday special and it was fun and I know I seem ridiculous, but it also reinforced everything that was wrong with st.

As I was reading that post I assumed he was mocking the sort of "internet Star Wars fan". Its kind of shocking that he was serious. Hard to believe really. Its the kind of thing that makes all subsequent opinions on Star Wars from him be completely irrelevant. If you are going to take a lego cartoon that serious I just think you are beyond help.

20 hours ago, The Choc said:

As I was reading that post I assumed he was mocking the sort of "internet Star Wars fan". Its kind of shocking that he was serious. Hard to believe really. Its the kind of thing that makes all subsequent opinions on Star Wars from him be completely irrelevant. If you are going to take a lego cartoon that serious I just think you are beyond help.

We’re all pretty much beyond help.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

Maybe I've grown too jaded, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but I shut it off after the first scene.

Think we probably gave up on the same scene. Couldn’t get into it either....I didn’t give it much of a shot to be fair but it seems like one of those things that if it hasn’t grabbed you straight away, it probably won’t at all. 

This was made for kids. I would’ve hated it if I was just watching it for adult entertainment, instead of with my children, so I can see tuning out. But, as family friendly Thanksgiving entertainment, it was great.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.