The Biden Administration

Odine

2 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

LOL my Trump family have started asking what their CB handle will be as they have to give up on social media now.

139775864_2813467088906244_4630620917330

There was a particularly crazy article about this the other day, how QAnon is telling people that today was going to be a bloody takeover by Trump and we all need CB radios because cell phones won't work.

I did not get to watch because I had meetings. Did I miss the Trump takeover and the execution of the Democratic party?

People, honestly. Less than 24 hours into this new administration and this thread is already two pages long, and not a single post about the most important topic we need to focus on? NOT A SINGLE COMMENT ON HARRIS'S OR JILL BIDEN'S OR MICHELLE OBAMA'S CLOTHES? 

Honest to God, I've seen a dozen articles on Harris's "bold" purple ensemble, plus Michelle Obama's "stunning" (per CNN) plum and black outfit. Not a single word about Biden's suit, though, which seems unfair, since he's the prez and all.

end rant, and back to your regularly scheduled thread

We weren't surprised by this. There is literally no plan. It was ineffectual leadership from day one with Trump. Just constant blundering just for a title he was leveraging for more money. He's the douchiest of douche. Vagisil should sue his ass for libel or slander. LOL

This is all true.  Better to start fresh, and assume everything Trump did was either a lie or incompetent.  But still, it is outrageous enough that I think an investigation should be done, to see if there was any case of the Trump Administration actively withholding resources at the fed or state level.   People, especially the Trumpites...second thought, HISTORY needs to know how shitty and selfish Trump was.  We shouldn't say "Well, Trump ain't president anymore, so who cares."

Aside from getting rid of Trump, the best thing about a new administration is all of the qualified adults now filling key positions. Honestly, the administration doesn't even have to have highly qualified adults in these positions, simply minimally qualified adults would make a world of difference from the bunch of sycophantic snakes that Trump installed. On the whole, Biden inherited a mess, so even the basest of efforts will be a vast improvement. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Really, given the pst four years we’re probably better off starting from scratch. If there was a plan it would be corrupt

Not to derail too much, but I am finding myself continually disappointed and angry at how this vaccine rollout has gone at the micro-level. Hospital administration making sure they were vaccinated before ER doctors, friends and family getting vaccines before priority groups, etc. I'm actually pretty furious about how teachers under the age of 50 will not receive vaccines in our state until April, despite the pressure to re-open schools. And yesterday a friend who is a government auditor proudly announced she got her first dose because she "might" have to audit a hospital. The nepotism is disgusting.

4 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Not to derail too much, but I am finding myself continually disappointed and angry at how this vaccine rollout has gone at the micro-level. Hospital administration making sure they were vaccinated before ER doctors, friends and family getting vaccines before priority groups, etc. I'm actually pretty furious about how teachers under the age of 50 will not receive vaccines in our state until April, despite the pressure to re-open schools. And yesterday a friend who is a government auditor proudly announced she got her first dose because she "might" have to audit a hospital. The nepotism is disgusting.

That is disgusting. Although equally disgusting is the people refusing the vaccine which leads to waste. 60% of nursing home staff in Ohio refused it, and fortunately for most of those cases they didn’t waste any vaccine, but it is happening. 

I’d rather have anyone receive it than have it get tossed. The whole lack of a plan on any level is disheartening. Especially since states have known for 4 years that they wouldn’t be getting help from the previous administration.

I am running into this too. It's weird. And it's not even my city's fault at this point. It's basically they haven't received the expected shipments so they make appointments and want to give the shots and have everything setup but no doses have arrived to do it. My schools trying to organize something but it's a matter of getting the doses.

But I also have experienced the nepotism. My step-mother's brother and his wife got it on the first round and while they're over 65 they don't really qualify but he's an ex-pharmacy rep. 

I've heard that about how nursing home staff is refusing to get them in several places. They should be fired. My biggest "concern" is whether or not it actually keeps you from spreading it, not whether it changes DNA or any of the dumb QAnon stuff. But I admit I have a pretty low opinion of nursing home staff since my mom lived in a few and they were mostly terrible, so I'm probably being a little harsh.

I do agree wholeheartedly about wasted shots. We can't afford to. I don't think we have a big surplus locally. Edit: actually just read that yes, we do have a surplus and the governor had to step in today because providers were hoarding shots for second doses instead of administering first doses. Fml.

10 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I've heard that about how nursing home staff is refusing to get them in several places. They should be fired. My biggest "concern" is whether or not it actually keeps you from spreading it, not whether it changes DNA or any of the dumb QAnon stuff. But I admit I have a pretty low opinion of nursing home staff since my mom lived in a few and they were mostly terrible, so I'm probably being a little harsh.

I do agree wholeheartedly about wasted shots. We can't afford to. I don't think we have a big surplus locally. Edit: actually just read that yes, we do have a surplus and the governor had to step in today because providers were hoarding shots for second doses instead of administering first doses. Fml.

The biggest issue with nursing home staff is that we can’t afford to fire 60% of them. It’s already a difficult, underpaid job that they have trouble filling and end up getting crappy employees to begin with. I think a better option would be a tax cut/stimulus attached to getting vaccinated. 

And a big part of this is because there is no plan. Developing a plan and communicating it needs to be one of the first things this administration does. I understand it will take some time because of the intentional incompetence of the previous administration, but how they respond going forward will be a defining thing for Biden.

6 hours ago, Fozzie said:

The biggest issue with nursing home staff is that we can’t afford to fire 60% of them. It’s already a difficult, underpaid job that they have trouble filling and end up getting crappy employees to begin with. I think a better option would be a tax cut/stimulus attached to getting vaccinated. 

I know you're right, I just have an obvious bias because of our terrible experience. I finally understand why people don't want to go into a nursing home if they have all their mental facilities.

But I also think you're right in terms of incentives. Money talks. That would probably be a good motivator for most people in jobs like that.

I agree better pay would attract better staff, but considering how expensive nursing homes are now, I can only imagine what they would cost if you paid staff more.  People can barely afford nursing homes as it is, and they would surely pass the cost on to the patient.  Up the price, and only the truly wealthy will be able to afford nursing homes.  It's a vicious cycle. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.