The Biden Administration

Odine

So will he be any good? Obviously comparatively yes, but I hear he's voted for some unpopular things in the past. And it's possible now to be critical of democrat politicians now without being labeled a Trump supporter. Will Biden be an effectual President? How will he stack up against prezzes of the past?

Most of those votes were 20+ years ago, and he’s definitely changed in important ways since then. There’s no such thing as someone who always makes the right choice - you do what you can with the information available and then you learn from it, good or bad. And it seems like Joe has the ability to learn and grow, and also the ability to work with people with whom he disagrees. If anyone can work with Mitch, which I doubt, it’ll be Joe.

A lot of questions about this Administration comes down to what Mitch McConnell will allow. I expect him to refuse to confirm anyone, including cabinet members. I expect him to refuse to even allow debate on most bills. He’s going to do everything he can to make America worse so he can try to blame it on Biden.

5 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Can the Republicans in the Senate remove McConnell as majority leader? I really hope there's at least a couple of sane Republicans.

I actually hope Pelosi is also replaced in her role. Both of their toxic attitudes need to go.

This!  I can't stand either.  I wish Biden would bring in some new people to his administration.  People that aren't radical like the Squad (dumb term, btw, and they are just way too Marxist.  They are people that simply don't live in the real world), but newer, younger democrats that can help bring this country back together, and won't play tit4tat like Pelosi-Trump-McConnel have been playing for the last 4 years.  

34 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think Mitch is actually the biggest evil we ave to deal with. Worse than Trump or Pence.

I totally agree he is an evil bastard.  He needs to go. 

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

They could remove him, but they won't. Pelosi is probably safe too.

Sadly, you are probably right on that.  It makes me sad. I just wish the Biden admin would help usher in a new age where all tjhe toxic people get washed out of office, or at least side lined.  But that doesn't seem to match what has happened in the last 25+ years.  The same ***holes keep getting elected and put into senior positions of power.

Mitch has proven himself to give Republicans what they want, and Republicans, way more than Democrats, are more concerned with power than helping people. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

Mitch has proven himself to give Republicans what they want, and Republicans, way more than Democrats, are more concerned with power than helping people. 

Can't argue there!

I've long had the sense that there are a lot of republicans that capitalize in the GOP base to further their own riches and political power, more so than democrats.  Though, there are lefties that do that too!

43 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Can't argue there!

I've long had the sense that there are a lot of republicans that capitalize in the GOP base to further their own riches and political power, more so than democrats.  Though, there are lefties that do that too!

Definitely. I’ll get more into it later, but a big difference is that the Republican goal is to keep people from trusting the government. 

On 11/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, Zathras said:

Sadly, you are probably right on that.  It makes me sad. I just wish the Biden admin would help usher in a new age where all tjhe toxic people get washed out of office, or at least side lined.  But that doesn't seem to match what has happened in the last 25+ years.  The same ***holes keep getting elected and put into senior positions of power.

That's what people wanted when they elected Trump in. At least Biden didn't make any crazy promises that he could do that.

• 2 months later...

Biden and Harris were working filling boxes for a food pantry in PA the other day. I just know they're trying to reach out and do the right things which is all one can ask. Trump on the other hand will have his old Twitter handle possibly back shortly I think. He's probably rebranding himself and has already set up some new dumb twitter account under a assumed name.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.