Make up your Biden Cabinet.

Ms. Spam

I think Klobuchar and Buttugieg will be in there, given that they suspended their campaigns and endorsed him. I can't figure out Pete's expertise. He seems to be a jack of many trades, not sure if he is a master of any. He seems incredibly smart, though.

Not sure they will pull Bernie, Klobucha, or any active congressmen, unless its a safe blue district or its one with a democratic governor.

I doubt we see Hillary back. I think she is done. Or Obama, for that matter. I think he'd rather be a professor again.

Pete would actually be great in national security or the UN. His experience with languages, the military, and his obvious diplomacy (watch him on Fox News) are all great. Alternatively, maybe he could do a good job as chief of staff, or he could get a chance to be head of the DNC.

So I know a lot of moderates are calling for the Democratic party to chill on the progressive-ness. But I am seeing calls for Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary and Bernie as Labor Secretary. I would love to see Warren go after corruption somehow because she's a bulldog, but Treasury is kind of the obvious choice. Biden wants to raise the corporate tax rate and the rate on those making over $400k.

Bernie is an interesting choice for Labor, and apparently he wants it. I'm not a Bernie Bro by any means, but I do admire his tenacity and conviction that he truly believes he is doing the right thing, even if I don't agree with it. I'm a little less comfortable with him than Warren, however. 

Most of the democrats who ran for 2020, did not really impress me at all.  That lead to my belief that Biden was the best shot at winning against Trump.  Harris was probably the most competent contender for the Dems after Biden, and of course we know she is the VP, now.  Outside of Buttigieg, I don't have much use for the rest of the would be contenders being in the cabinet.  I hope Biden has his chosen cabinet members that don't include most of the failed 2020 primary contenders.  Pete would be a good pick, but honestly, the rest should not be chosen for dog catcher, let alone the cabinet. 

It's also beyond silly to pick people out of the Senate when it isn't necessary. If you pull Warren and Sanders from the Senate, there's nobody left to fight for their beliefs. And I can't see those two giving up like that.

I don't disagree. At the same time, Bernie and Warren aren't spring chickens, and it might be a good time to transition their seats.

Is there anyone from private industry or current government, non-elected roles who might make good cabinet members? I like the idea as long as its not cronies and lobbyists.

I think it might be smart to pick a conservative for one or two roles. Throw a bone to the Republicans to let them know you want to work together. Maybe DHHS or HUD (but please fire Ben Carson, he is an embarassment)? Or Secretary of Defense or Homeland Security?

I think he should go to young people and work towards a kind of future that can get younger voters to respond. So Mayor Pete is a great way to start in the cabinet. Getting old people who are a part of the old system though may send voters that they need back. It's not like the democrats have a great record. They need to work more for the black communities to fix things like racial injustice and health issues and immigration. It's a big ole mess.

AOC is unhappy with the House, so maybe she could be an option. Not sure what position would be good for her.  You can't go too young, because you need people with real experience for these jobs. That's what a return to normalcy looks like - having experienced people taking on the appropriate roles. The worst thing he can do is turn the presidency into a non-stop campaign the way Trump did. 

Kasich is supposedly up for some office, but that won’t really mollify Republicans. Kasich gave up his Republican card 4 years ago, as far as most of them are concerned. Even though 10 years ago he was an extremist in the party, now he’s a moderate/liberal. 

Kasich has a lot of major issues, and I say that as an Ohioan and someone who worked for the state under his administration. He’s strongly anti-union, which conflicts with Biden’s apparent desire to work with unions, like teacher’s unions. He’s also an extreme egotist - since him continuing to run for the nomination after he had no chance instead of stopping and backing someone who could have beaten Trump. He’s not to blame for the past 4 years, but he could’ve helped us avoid it.

Having said all that, it’s a smart move on Biden’s part. It’ll piss off the extremists on both sides, but having a cabinet made up of experienced people that’s even slightly bipartisan would be a small step to healing the country. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

AOC is unhappy with the House, so maybe she could be an option. Not sure what position would be good for her.  You can't go too young, because you need people with real experience for these jobs. That's what a return to normalcy looks like - having experienced people taking on the appropriate roles.

I don't think she would ever get confirmed by a Republican Senate. But I like the idea of putting her somewhere that her energy would be useful. She is kind of combative, though.

Her background: double majored in economics and international relations.

Platforms: Medicare for all, New Green Deal, federal jobs guarantee, abolishing ICE, and tuition-free public university and trade school.

Ok, I'm back to Republicans would never agree.

If Mitch is in charge, it doesn’t matter. I’ll be surprised if he confirms anyone for anything. He’s going to make the end of Obama’s term seem like they were just playing around.

39 minutes ago, Ms. Spam said:

It's possible that Mitch could lose his seat and be voted out as house leader.

If by lose his seat, you mean lose his seat in the Senate, that’s not possible. Not for 6 years. And then, it’ll be retirement or death.

If by lose his seat, you mean be voted out as Senate Majority Leader, I would say I have better odds of winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

Yes, sorry. Posting at work. He could lose his Senate Majority Leader position. But it's a small glimmer of hope as a kind of olive branch to get things done. Honestly they'll go back to the status quo of just sitting on bills. Something like 800 before the end of Mitch's term. 

How long until the American public gets sick of those guys crippling the American government? Are there any procedures for impeachment of a Senator?

Honestly, I'm sick of both sides acting like small children throwing tantrums instead of like adults, but I feel like the Republicans (and MM especially) have been far worse about it. If anything, the Democrats are cowards who give in to the antics.

Yeah MM and Trump are the worst for sure,  and most republicans in general act like petulant children, but you are right.  Both sides are guilty.  Nancy Pelosi, AOC and the rest of the Squad drive me nuts almost as much as Trump and they do no favors for the public, either.  All those people act like children. Unfortunately, most people don't even pay attention. Even this election, more than half the population couldn't be bothered to vote. So I doubt anything will change, any time soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.