RIP Sean Connery

Zathras

It's kind of freaky that I'd thought about (yesterday) if we would hear about Connery's death this year. I'd known that he had to be getting close to 90, and sure enough he was. 

I loved him as Bond, but my second favorite role from him was playing Indiana Jones father  in The Last Crusade. The plane scene where he'd shot off the rear rutter was priceless. It's my second favorite Raiders film behind the original.

True legend. One of those old school actors with screen presence that could raise a film from average to something better. While he'll always be the true James Bond and the one that all others are measured against, he was also in a lot of my favourite movies when I was growing up with obviously the Last Crusade being a big one but The Rock, Hunt for Red October, The Untouchables, The Man Who Would Be King, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, In the Name of the Rose. . .

Hate to break it to you, but MOST actors and actresses are dip shits with massive egos.  For example, Captain Kirk is like my biggest hero, but William Shatner is a dick.   But we can still appreciate their acting work.  You have to separate the person from the work.

2 hours ago, Official Fozzie Fan Club said:

Hate to break it to you, but MOST actors and actresses are dip shits with massive egos.  For example, Captain Kirk is like my biggest hero, but William Shatner is a dick.   But we can still appreciate their acting work.  You have to separate the person from the work.

That would probably be easier if "massive dipshit" in this case didn't involve literal domestic assault and a belief that it's ok to hit women. 

5 hours ago, Official Fozzie Fan Club said:

Shatner has had a lot of tragedy in his life, and he was probably the first man to truly field the convention nerd assault syndrome. He's also had bouts with alcoholism. This has definitely made him a dick at times.

But he has also done a ton of charitable work and has a great sense of humor about himself.

And yes, I just dont want to accept him as not awesome. I shot an interview with him once and he was a lot of fun and very nice. I've met a lot of celebrities and time with him... It was one of three times I've been star struck.

Tank, I always appreciate it when you give us info like that.  I am sure there are things about celebrity life no one would truly understand until they had been there. That said, I would love to have had the opportunity you had.  I never got to meet Willian Shatner, but I attended a convention in 2002 where he had a 10 min appearance, and all he did was talk about riding horses, and I was kind of star stuck then. LOL  

6 hours ago, Cerina said:

Sean Connery was a massive dipshit. He was an incredible actor and attractive as hell but a massive dipship nontheless. 

This also makes me realise my own hypocrisies. . .I refuse to watch anything with/by Sean Penn but I've pretty much ignored Connery's history on purpose. Not an excuse but I guess it's hard to accept the reality of your childhood heroes.   

For whatever reason, Connery later publicly stated that hitting women is wrong. I’m completely against abuse of any type, but I’m also completely against denying the ability for someone to change.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.