What changes do you hope will be permanent?

I hear you, and I agree humans should definitely learn to listen to each other more.

That said, I’m raising/ed four kids (one is grown and married now). I’m in a long (thankfully good) marriage. There are no boundaries left. There are no boundaries left. None. I cannot count how many conversations I’ve had while sitting on the toilet, or taking a shower, or ...  just yeah... So when I go to the store I am totally not looking to give advice on meat products just because I happen to look like I might both eat them and hunt for them.

26 minutes ago, Ms. Spam said:

REALLY HOPING that some peoples attitudes change. Some people are so ANGRY. They stink to deal with. 

This!  I think it won't get any better until after this COVID crisis and lockdown. It will likely get worse before better, though. I find people just on edge everywhere and for dumb things.  I went to lunch last week with an old friend, and saw people blatantly not wearing masks, and were asked by restaurant staff to either get a mask or leave.  These people totally flipped out and made a scene.   I also live near a major street, and people are driving all crazy, more than usual.  Even at midnight, it sounds like a damn race track, or sirens because of an accident.  Literally almost nightly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:19 PM, Tank said:

One thing I will miss-- I can cross LA in 20 minutes these days.

Yup. About twice that for Calgary these days - our municipal government can't stop tearing up the roads and most certainly can't synchronize traffic signals. But the absence of traffic congestion, massive crowds and huge long line ups for most things is simply great. Herd mentality drives me absolutely crazy, and social distancing is doing a fair bit to suppress it. Wonderful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.