Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*conceited

They're why he got the nomination, let alone the presidency. He was a buffoon then. They treated him like a buffoon. Then they NEVER STOPPED FUCKING TALKING ABOUT HIM god I'm still mad

Posted Images

Re: Trump being prosecuted, fleeing, secret service

I have a hard time seeing a scenario where a person that had complete access to the top secrets of the country will be left out to dry. Some sort of deal will be made to ensure he’s quiet in that regard, whether it’s loopholes in court cases or settlements, or a straight up pardon. In a conspiratorial point, a heart attack seems more likely than someone of this level being able to just shack up with an opposing foreign power... at least that’s how a novel or movie would go anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The federal government can only go so far in stopping prosecution by a state. They can’t force NY to stop. And Trump pardoning himself would be an admission of guilt, so NY could use that against him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He can't pardon himself if they haven't charged or convicted him yet which, I suspect, is why they haven't. I do think that some of these ongoing investigations are going to end in 2021 and prosecutions are going to start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

That’s... completely wrong. Nixon was pardoned of ANY crimes he may have committed as president.

Nixon committed crimes AS president though. Not everything Trump is being investigated for happened while he was president or as he was acting in his duties as president.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my favorite part is even if Fox's pundits are on the OMG FRAUD train, they still have a map up on their front page that says Biden wins. That's gotta be killing him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man some of the memes going round are classic!

 

Well done USA I'm proud and happy for you all. Even the people who voted for Trump, your life will be better now. 

 

It kind of feels like removing the last bit of a giant scab. Or doing that first poop after a long haul flight. The relief is tangible.

Let's hope the idiot has sense to actually step down and not have to be forceablely removed by a SEAL team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing. His term ends at noon on January 20. No matter what he says, he loses all power then. If he refuses to leave the White House the worst that’ll happen is trespassing, but I doubt they’d charge him. The secret service would just escort him out.

Even if for some reason there wasn’t a president elect and he was not re-elected on January 20 ready to be sworn in, constitutionally his term would end then, and the next in line (speaker of the house, since the VPs term ends then too), would be sworn in as president.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Treason is also a very specific charge in the US. It’s been thrown around a lot over the past 12 years, but it involves providing aid to a foreign power with which we are at war.

Anything short of that isn’t treason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Treason is also a very specific charge in the US. It’s been thrown around a lot over the past 12 years, but it involves providing aid to a foreign power with which we are at war.

Anything short of that isn’t treason.

Technically, we don't have to be at war for someone to commit treason.  If someone sold top secrets to the Russians (whom we are not at war), that would be not only espionage, but also treason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Technically, we don't have to be at war for someone to commit treason.  If someone sold top secrets to the Russians (whom we are not at war), that would be not only espionage, but also treason. 

That doesn't match with history, precedent, or the opinion of Constitution scholars. If that were the case, then the Rosenberg's would've been a great case for treason - but we weren't at war with Russia, so they weren't Enemies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Nothing. His term ends at noon on January 20. No matter what he says, he loses all power then. If he refuses to leave the White House the worst that’ll happen is trespassing, but I doubt they’d charge him. The secret service would just escort him out.

Even if for some reason there wasn’t a president elect and he was not re-elected on January 20 ready to be sworn in, constitutionally his term would end then, and the next in line (speaker of the house, since the VPs term ends then too), would be sworn in as president.

Yeah, reading this is several places is what finally helped absolve a lot of the angst I had we were headed to a a civil war. Can he still work his crazy-base up into militia levels of tizzy? Sure. Are the white supremecists still out there? Yes. But if a civil war were to happen, at least this way he is removed from any position of actual power.

Sure his cabinet is made up of bootlickers, and Republicans may still rally behind him (they won't forever), but at the end of the day, there is a very clear line of command when it comes to the military. No matter how much Trump whines, cries, or tries to sue, once Biden is sworn in, he is commander in chief, and the secret service and all the armed forces will be behind him.

Trump didn't work hard enough (thankfully) to build his own little SS loyal to him only band of agents. He certainly tried during the protests, but if those are truly sanctioned Federal forces, they will be dismantled or re-purposed right quick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, being a US citizen convicted of espionage IS treason.  Just saying, because I once had a clearance, and that was made abundantly clear.  This even applies when secrets are passed to friendly nations.

Edited by Zathras
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...