No Sleep Til Biden

monkeygirl

13 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

And you've got a stick up your ass. Seriously, what's with your obsession with me all of a sudden? I already said it wasn't a troll post.

Yeah but, you were trolling the electoral system and your democracy. Whether you intend your post here to be trolling or not. You are behaving like a man-child. If you want people not to react this way to you, stop trying to draw as much attention to yourself as possible.

I’m saying this to be kind, and not to pile on - you made a mockery out of a topic that several people have expressed pretty severe anxiety about. That’s a pretty good social cue to pick up on.

15 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

I was just trying to be lighthearted. I told you people I can't always sense the ebb and flow of a group and have cognitive difficulties.

But you're right, Odine. I am sorry. It probably wasn't the best idea.

Such a Trumpian response, so go you! Say some puerile bullshit, then when called on it pull out the "I was just joking, why so serious, trollololol." And FTW, go for the "but I'm neurodivergent and can't read the room, so no harm no foul." 

If you're going to post such a hilarious knee-slapper, own that shit. Don't back down when called on it. 

3 hours ago, Cerina said:

and I wake up to this nonsense still going on. HA! I am actually proud of America for voting but I find it shocking so many voted for GOP candidates. What does that say about how dumb Democrats are that even people who could potentially cross over didn't find anything appealing enough to do that. 

I am not a Trumpian. I've made it very clear that I support no one in this election. But you're right, it was a bad call, as I said. Once again, I am sorry.

On-topic: I figured this would happen, with so many early-voting ballots in this election, moreso than ever before. It takes time to count all that stuff. I didn't lose any sleep, though, and I'm sorry for those of you who did. That must suck, especially if you're going into work today. On the plus side, my company gave us an early dismissal yesterday.

55 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Didn't think people would be so upset?

I'll have to find that George Carlin video later.

if you tell a joke a great comedian told and no one laughs, you can't pull up sources to say it's funny and everyone else is wrong for not laughing. 

Here's the thing man...and I say this with all seriousness...you REALLY struggle with context/situations/ reading the room.  I love Carlin; I especially love his bits on religion.  But if I have to go to a church for a wedding, funeral, whatever I don't drop those bits because no one wants to hear it at that time.  I USED to drop George Carlin religion bits when I was forced to go to a place of worship....when I was 12.  But my intent wasn't just to be funny, it was too look edgemaster lord.  Those bits are still funny to me and they are still funny to quote...maybe at a bar with friends or whatever.  But you gotta read the room. 

Anywho....I am cautiously optimistic!

51 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Can we just drop it? It wouldn’t take long to find posts where we’re all horrible. Except Destiny, NumberSix, and Jedi Cool.

I have had lunch with Number Six at my favorite breakfast joint.  I told him my recommendation and he ordered something else.  I mean, why even ask?

49 minutes ago, Darth Ender said:

I have had lunch with Number Six at my favorite breakfast joint.  I told him my recommendation and he ordered something else.  I mean, why even ask?

Because he could tell him you have bad taste?

35 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I could get started! 

My political science friend says Wisconsin is in the bag for Biden with a 20k margin, but expect litigation.

Scott Walker, former GOP governor of Wisconsin and walking billboard for everything wrong with the Republican Party before Trump, agrees.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.