No Sleep Til Biden

monkeygirl

I was planning on staying up but now I’m thinking I’ll try to go to bed. Since there’s no guarantee this thing is going to end.

What are the chances that Fox News calls the election for Trump, knowing that not all ballots have been counted?

Fox actually has a pretty good track record with this. They have a data guy who's very well respected, and the news division of the network is not allowed to call a state until he says so.

https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2020/Pres/Maps/Sep30.html#item-4

I'm more concerned with CNN or MSNBC doing it the other way, honestly.

But this is a good thought. We should spread it out so we're not all watching the same channels.

Fox News has been good in the past, but I still don’t trust them. Especially after chasing Shepard Smith out.

And this is an election where calling it early could change the outcome.

Really, the biggest problem with making it a holiday is that it still doesn’t really help most people who need it the most. It would make it more convenient for me, sure, but I’ve rarely missed an election and never a major one (there was one that was a bond issue that was definitely going to pass, and it was the only thing on the ballot). But the working poor, especially people who are working multiple jobs and will get fired if they miss, don’t have cushy jobs with holidays or weekends. I don’t know how to help that, but it needs addressed.

Of course one party doesn’t want that to happen, so the chances of any change are small. Making it a federal holiday would be possible, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.