Jacen Presents Nightly's Movie of the Week, Week 5: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

I wanted to take a break from Halloween fare.  I've only seen Scott Pilgrim one time, back when it first came out on DVD and have been wanting to see it again.  This seems like a good excuse to go back and watch it.  It is on Netflix, but I don't think it is on Amazon.  I don't know about other services.

I adore this movie. I love everything Edgar Wright does ( save for Baby Driver). This is one case where I think the adaption is better than the source material-- I never got the love for the comic book. I never thought it was that great. It works so much better as a movie. It's also cool to see how pretty much everyone in the cast blew up in a major way.

It makes me laugh every time. Sometimes I watch just the opening scene/credits as a mood piece. It's a bummer this movie didn't do better at the B.O. because I think it's genius on multiple levels.

8 hours ago, Jacen123 said:

I wanted to take a break from Halloween fare.  I've only seen Scott Pilgrim one time, back when it first came out on DVD and have been wanting to see it again.  This seems like a good excuse to go back and watch it.  It is on Netflix, but I don't think it is on Amazon.  I don't know about other services.

Same for me.  I rented it when it first came out.  I didn't appreciate it for what it is back  then. Just finished watching it tonight and it's pretty damn good.  Man, I love Edgar Wright. 

This is another favourite! Rewatching it now will be, like, even more depressing than the last one because it's literally just scene after scene of where I live abuzz with people and excitement. Great! Great to see!