dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

3 hours ago, captainbleh said:

If Kyber crystals and Kryptonite were just different names for the same thing, would different colored lightsabers affect Superman in different ways?

Green makes him physically weak.

Blue makes him mentally weak.

Red makes him emotionally weak.

Yellow makes him spiritually weak.

Purple gives him ED.

16 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

Fair enough. Personally I'd find it easier to just let it go and role with the changes, but that it is me and no one can say you haven't been consistent in this stance for years so respect to you there. 

Only thing I'd clarify is that when I say the slate was going to be wiped no matter what happened, is that if Disney didn't buy it and someone else did, it still would have happened. I also don't think Lucas had the respect for the EU as much as you think he did but again, just my viewpoint. 

I don’t want to detract from this legit important Superman question—

But had Lucas made the ST, they would have been worse than what we got, AND he would have also completely ignored the EU. The PT is the proof. He didn’t even respect continuity from the OT, no way he’d give a damn about books.

50 minutes ago, Tank said:

But had Lucas made the ST, they would have been worse than what we got, [...]

Maybe, but probably in different ways. A couple of things I give the PT: it was consistent(ly mediocre), and it answered more questions than it created.

I didn't come out of the theater after Episode II or III wondering whose tornado of regurgitated fever dreams had just mind raped me through my eye holes.

I'd like to think I'd prefer a consistently mediocre story over the incoherent tangle of loose ends that was the ST, particularly the last two installments.

44 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

non-star wars non-superman dumb question

how the FUCK does river phoenix indy get out of the magic caboose? I can accept vengeful jewish ghosts, 700 year old knights, and ripping a heart out of a living man, but magic? might as well be fucking aliens. no way man.

Trick door, dumbass.  And fucking aliens.  

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

I don’t want to detract from this legit important Superman question—

But had Lucas made the ST, they would have been worse than what we got, AND he would have also completely ignored the EU. The PT is the proof. He didn’t even respect continuity from the OT, no way he’d give a damn about books.

Story-wise?  Nah.  

Acting-wise?  Yah.  

11 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

Trick door, dumbass.  And fucking aliens.  

TRICK DOOR TO WHERE. THAT SHIT WAS ON THE FLOOR OF A MOVING TRAIN. DOES THE TRAIN  HAVE A TRICK DOOR ON THE FLOOR AT AN ODD ANGLE JUST IN CASE A MAGIC BOX WITH A TRICK DOOR ALSO HAPPENS TO BE SITTING ON TOP OF IT 

it all makes sense now

13 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

TRICK DOOR TO WHERE. THAT SHIT WAS ON THE FLOOR OF A MOVING TRAIN. DOES THE TRAIN  HAVE A TRICK DOOR ON THE FLOOR AT AN ODD ANGLE JUST IN CASE A MAGIC BOX WITH A TRICK DOOR ALSO HAPPENS TO BE SITTING ON TOP OF IT 

it all makes sense now

I admit it's stupid but it's also cool that at least they did it in one shot.  It would feel even worse if they used cut shots there.  My friends use to argue with me that there's no way he got out of the box.  And I'm like, it's all one shot!  Shit maybe River used his families hippie voodoo cult magic. 

16 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Nah man. I'm ALL ABOUT long shots. Anything with no cuts that lasts longer than 20 seconds, I'm into. The longer the better. Children of Men started my love affair with long shots, and then 1917 nearly killed me.

Hi! I'm here to be dick and say a "long" shot is actually when the camera is super fa from the subject. You're talking about a continuous shot/take or as we movie douches call them, One'rs.

It's a terrible movie, but Speilberg's War of the Worlds has a great one-r. I assume you've seen Rope? Hitchcock did it first-- and for him it was super tricky because he had to deal with film reels running out.

My personal favorite is the funeral episode of Haunting of Hill House. It's a continuous shot that includes flashbacks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.