Jump to content

dumb questions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the dumbest and greatest question of allllllll time. 

Well, it's only fitting that his post would be bastdoordized.

Sex slaves.

Posted Images

On 10/30/2020 at 10:55 PM, The Choc said:

We can argue about the ST and Disney as a whole but I think we can all be thankful they shit canned all that nonsense. 

Why? Why the fuck are you happy about that? You never partook in it anyway, so why are happy about those of us who do enjoy it having our favorite thing taken away? It has never affected you in any way and you were always free to ignore it. Do you just enjoy seeing people's hearts broken just because they enjoy something you don't? That's kind of a dick thing, bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Why? Why the fuck are you happy about that? You never partook in it anyway, so why are happy about those of us who do enjoy it having our favorite thing taken away? It has never affected you in any way and you were always free to ignore it. Do you just enjoy seeing people's hearts broken just because they enjoy something you don't? That's kind of a dick thing, bro.

I do find it a bit funny that people's "hearts are broken" over this. How could you not? But really as I've said in the end, your books basically got cancelled. TV shows get cancelled. Movie series left uncompleted. Book series unfinished. It happens all the time. Disney didn't go and take the books off your shelf. 

I get it sucks when something you love gets cancelled. I don't really find that funny. I find the overreaction to it funny. And I find the fact that anyone knew that if they ever did make more movies that the EU would be ignored and that somehow EU fans didnt realize the books and other EU materials actual importance in the saga and somehow expected them to either use the EU or work around it so it would be included in some way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha. Sometimes your meaning comes across differently than your intent.

I think most of us weren't expecting new movies. We were happy with Star Wars the way it was. They could have decanonized the EU without discontinuing it. That's why I and many others want to see it continued as an alternate universe. LucasFilm doesn't have to devote any energy to its integrity this time as they have for decades--just let it run itself and let the network of writers worry about things like continuity. Meanwhile, LucasFilm makes more money doing basically nothing. Everybody wins!

Also, the new movies did follow the EU, just with names changed and story progressions tweaked. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

So Vader chucks some shit at Luke during their duel, blows out a window that pressurizes and sucks Luke out. You see Vader holding on as this happens, and then, as soon as Luke flies out, the vacuum stops and Vader walks fine. Wtf.

This always bothers me, not just in ESB, but generally any film that conveniently does it. In Back to the Future a huge storm rages as Doc struggles to connect the cables on the clock tower as Marty races down the street in the Delorean. As soon as the lightning strikes the tower sending Marty back to 1985, the night gets extremely quiet. Doc is running around celebrating as the wind, thunder and lightning just stopped at that exact moment it was no longer needed for the plot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as crazy as it sounds.  I think I remember reading one time that in early drafts, Darth Vader's suit was supposed to be space worthy. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

then why was he hanging on before Luke got sucked out

Dramatic effect?  Winds were even stronger than his magnetic boots? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

then why was he hanging on before Luke got sucked out

Time to activate it, perhaps? He probably needed to fidget around to find the button.

Alternatively, the facility might have some sort of emergency environmental control system for such an occurrence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is mentioning the really weird part that Luke is chilling outside in the upper atmosphere of a gas giant without a space suit or oxygen.

Remember when we were weirded out by boats and books in Star Wars... try this on for size... in none of the movies have we seen anyone in a space suit.

Which brings it full circle back to Krawlie's question... YES, Vader's suit is supposed to be vacuum proof. In the early drafts of Star Wars the opening assault on the Blockade Runner was supposed to start with us seeing Vader and the storm troopers cross space and cut their way in-- like a space version of pirates with boarding planks.

But it was a crazy costly sequence so they cut it to just seeing the opposite side of the door.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tank said:

No one is mentioning the really weird part that Luke is chilling outside in the upper atmosphere of a gas giant without a space suit or oxygen.

Remember when we were weirded out by boats and books in Star Wars... try this on for size... in none of the movies have we seen anyone in a space suit.

Which brings it full circle back to Krawlie's question... YES, Vader's suit is supposed to be vacuum proof. In the early drafts of Star Wars the opening assault on the Blockade Runner was supposed to start with us seeing Vader and the storm troopers cross space and cut their way in-- like a space version of pirates with boarding planks.

But it was a crazy costly sequence so they cut it to just seeing the opposite side of the door.

Not just Luke in Cloud City.  Several characters were outside.  All the main cast, Fett, stormtroopers.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where overthinking Star Wars gets dangerous. 
So the Cloud City is in the upper atmosphere of a planet that has a breathable amount of oxygen. No problem walking around outside. Unless that was all under a bubble we didn't see. 
The vacuum effect doesn't necessarily have to be the vacuum of space or even the atmospheric pressure. It could be that the huge area where Luke falls is a main chamber of the air exchange system for the city. We see vents open and close as he falls through the smaller air ducts. 
Luke getting sucked out there is just like a piece of tissue getting sucked through the ductwork in your house. No?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not canon!

Anyway, yes, I always assumed there was some sort of invisible bubble around Cloud city that held air in but allowed ships to pass in and out.

The belly of the exogorth, though. That I have trouble explaining, not just why there's a perfectly-pressurized atmosphere inside which requires only a breath mask, but why there also seems to be gravity on the "ground" of the stomach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...