dumb questions

She could see that the Republic was now an authoritarian dictatorship.  Simple as that.  

Anakin was a dumbass in terms of any idea of freedom and democracy.  He either refused to see it or he believed controlling the people was his idea of it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it's only fitting that his post would be bastdoordized.

This is the dumbest and greatest question of allllllll time. 

The rightererer decision would have been to make more. 

Posted Images

Was Palpatine originally supposed to be an alien?  Before the PT, I just assumed he wasn't human.  His weird forehead I think is what threw me.  It wouldn't quite make sense considering that the rest of the empire appeared to consist of humans, but if Palp was always intended to be human, why did Lucas go out of his way to make him NOT look human in ROTJ?  Was Palp's disfigurement already an established thing despite not being mentioned in the movies?

I think he was supposed to be an alien in the OT. Especially given when at the did in the original version of ESB. That was meant to be a monster, and the ROTJ male was a practical make up job on an actor as the composite effect version wasn’t going to work.

Didn't know where else to put this but has anyone else noticed that Disney+ put the 20th Century Fox logo and fanfare back before the PT and OT movies? Pretty cool. I kinda wish theyd add it to the newer movies eventhough it wasn;t there originally. That fanfare is so associated with Star Wars.

19 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Same. I thought he was a fucked up old man. And never saw the point of him BECOMING fucked up in ROTS. No reason for him to have looked that way 20-30 years before ROTJ

I agree. A year before AOTC was released, the Star Wars Insider April 2001 issue featured Palpatine on the cover. In that pic he looked substantially aged from TPM, and it looked a little "unnatural" to use his words. So I thought that's where we were going with his character. His body was slowly transforming over the years which would eventually lead to what he looked like in ROTJ.

But when the film came out, he didn't even look like that. He still looked like Ian McDiarmid all the way through ROTS. The magazine people must've just been playing around with his look to get people's attention (the precursor to click bait). As you said Krawlie, I would've preferred the slow change over him being rapidly deformed during his fight with Mace Windu. But then that would've also brought up the question of, if the dark side was deteriorating him like that, why did the Jedi not see it?

Palpatine cover.jpeg