dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

Yeah I would hope they wouldn’t be that stupid. But something like one of them in the armor tries to go ahead and maybe look around to get to the Falcon. When the four arrive at the doorway to the Falcon and the group of troopers is standing around they would’ve had to figure something out. They didn’t know all the troops would walk away because Obi Wan and Vader were dueling down the corridor. 

• 3 weeks later...

They might have tried, but he was still asking for too much money.

It's funny because i haven't watched the whole movie in years. The average person doesn't even know the guys name. Ric does it all though. He pilots ships, gives over the top facial expressions, and even doles out exposition lol.

Since we're into the ROTS part of the marathon, what do you think Anakin's true feelings were when he turned? GL obviously tried to paint a picture of Anakin feeling betrayed by a Jedi Order that has betrayed the Republic. The thing is when Palpatine reveals himself to Anakin, he seems to understand that he and the Jedi have been played. He only wants Palpatine spared because he believes he can help him save Padme. Now the dark side had shown to have Killer Instinct like Rage abilities that causes Anakin to go full psycho(the yellow eyes). It seemed to me that Darth Vader was always biding his time before he betrayed Palpatine. It is the Sith way anyways, but Lucas plays it both ways. "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" To him personally perhaps, but who's the one building a giant super laser to keep their enemies in check?

3 hours ago, The Choc said:

Not that it would have made any kind of huge difference in the movie but shouldn't those 2 characters, meaning Panaka and Ollie, have been combined into one guy?

Panaka was head of the Naboo security forces. Olie while seemingly their head pilot, was part of a fighter force who let's face it were not special in any real way. I don't think the characters were redundant.

I think this is where us Star Wars fans get ahead of ourselves. Panaka was always a throw away character. Had they brought him back, he probably doesn't get more screen time than Typho did in AOTC. GL wanted to present a bigger universe in the prequels. That meant more characters. In retrospect Typho would probably have been a stronger character if he was used instead of Panaka. All Panaka did was crap on Quin Gon's ideas.

3 hours ago, Metropolis said:

Since we're into the ROTS part of the marathon, what do you think Anakin's true feelings were when he turned? GL obviously tried to paint a picture of Anakin feeling betrayed by a Jedi Order that has betrayed the Republic. The thing is when Palpatine reveals himself to Anakin, he seems to understand that he and the Jedi have been played. He only wants Palpatine spared because he believes he can help him save Padme. Now the dark side had shown to have Killer Instinct like Rage abilities that causes Anakin to go full psycho(the yellow eyes). It seemed to me that Darth Vader was always biding his time before he betrayed Palpatine. It is the Sith way anyways, but Lucas plays it both ways. "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" To him personally perhaps, but who's the one building a giant super laser to keep their enemies in check?

I see it as Anakin finally got fed up with everything that he ever wanted getting crapped on. He thought by going off with Qui Gon and becoming a Jedi he’d be able to give his mother a better life. Qui Gon dies and then later his mother dies as well. He wants to be with Padme but it’s not allowed under the rules of the Order that was supposed to have provided him a better life. Padme decides to marry him anyway even though it’s not allowed and then a war breaks out that keeps them apart. Palpatine takes Qui Gon’s place as Anakin’s mentor. In Anakin’s eyes, Palpatine is simply standing up to the Jedi the same way Qui Gon did. The Jedi start acting sinister by asking Anakin to spy on his friend. And all while Anakin is freaking out he’s going to lose Padme. So by the time Palpatine reveals himself, Anakin is done. Like you said, he knows everyone has been played. But he doesn’t care anymore. Let them all sort this crap out themselves. I’m going to do whatever is needed to get what I want. 

• 1 month later...

Why did Padme suspect Dooku to be behind her assassination attempts in AOTC?  She was right of course, but on the surface he should have been the last guy to point a finger at.  She was a separatist sympathizer.  She was kinda on their side.  So why would she even think Dooku was trying to kill her?  I never understood that.  

On the surface it does seem odd but I think Padme just knew there was more to the situation than meets the eye. She understood there were forces on both the Republic and Seperatist side that wanted a war no matter what and she believed Dooku was one of them.

You don't need no PhD to figure out the ex-Jedi  with a red light saber leading the Confederacy of Independent Systems, which you are at war with, might want you dead when you are voting on creating an army that might stop his plans.

There is unrest in the Galactic
Senate. Several thousand solar
systems have declared their
intentions to leave the Republic.

This separatist movement,
under the leadership of the
mysterious Count Dooku, has
made it difficult for the limited
number of Jedi Knights to maintain
peace and order in the galaxy.

Senator Amidala, the former
Queen of Naboo, is returning
to the Galactic Senate to vote
on the critical issue of creating
an ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC
to assist the overwhelmed
Jedi....

2 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Zam, hired by Jango, hired by Dooku, hired by Palpatine, posing as Sifo Dyas, was behind it. Duh. Couldn't you figure out such a simple plot thread that totally had a lot of valid reasons to be like that? Fuckin nerd.

*ahem* I believe Jango said he was recruited by someone named Tyranus. So therefore, it would be:

Zam (a shape shifting alien), hired by Jango, hired by Dooku, posing as Darth Tyranus, hired by Palpatine, who was also known as Darth Sidious and was posing as Sifo Dyas after he presuambly killed the real Sifo Dyas :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.