Jump to content

dumb questions


Recommended Posts

Did Han Solo gain weight while frozen in carbonite?  What did he eat?   Carbonite?   Was he eating his way out to free himself?

'Dumbest question in the thread' winner right there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it's only fitting that his post would be bastdoordized.

This is the dumbest and greatest question of allllllll time. 

The rightererer decision would have been to make more. 

Posted Images

WELL ACTUALLY THE CARBONITE SYSTEM FES HKM CINSTANTLU TO MAKE SURE HE STAYED ALIVE IT MAKES AENSE JABBA WOULD BE MAD IF HE DIED IF IBLY YOU READ 71 obscure BOOKS ITS OJ WOOOOOKKIEPEDIEa

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

WELL ACTUALLY THE CARBONITE SYSTEM FES HKM CINSTANTLU TO MAKE SURE HE STAYED ALIVE IT MAKES AENSE JABBA WOULD BE MAD IF HE DIED IF IBLY YOU READ 71 obscure BOOKS ITS OJ WOOOOOKKIEPEDIEa

U don no

Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave Solo a shot and it was guilty of the worst crime for a movie - I was bored. It’s the only Star Wars movie that has ever completely bored me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

I gave Solo a shot and it was guilty of the worst crime for a movie - I was bored. It’s the only Star Wars movie that has ever completely bored me.

Even when Chewie and Han showered together?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the problem with Solo was the fan service. They did need to hit every single beat of his back story in one movie.

Taking all the winks and nods to the lore, made it compete with the story. So he deserts from the Empire, meets Chewie, meets Lando, makes the Kessel run, and wins the Falcon within the span of a few days.

It made it feel like he was literally about to go do his run for Jabba right ahead of ANH even though there was still a decade to go.

I liked the basic heist story, thought there were some really cool moments, I even liked the new characters, but it basically all felt like it was just to establish a character we already knew. I’ve watched it a few times, and enjoy it, but it doesn’t really add anything to the method so it ends up feeling a little pointless.

If they had made the same movie, but made it Lando’s backstory it would have worked better.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want to ruin this thread by turning it into being all about my opinions. This is a group discussion, not a Solo one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chewie is freakishly large but take away all that fur, he'd look frail as fuck.  Just as Peter Mayhew did.  Chewie isn't tossing stormtroopers anywhere.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solo was a decent popcorn flick.  I expected worse, and was pleasantly surprised I didn't hate it.   Not perfect by a long shot, and wholly unnecessary, but it did keep my interest for 2 hours, and left me wanting to see a Lando movie follow up.   I think it is better than TROS, TLJ, and TPM, and is basically the third best of the Disney Star Wars movies, after Rogue One and TFA.     

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tank said:

For me, the problem with Solo was the fan service. They did need to hit every single beat of his back story in one movie.

Taking all the winks and nods to the lore, made it compete with the story. So he deserts from the Empire, meets Chewie, meets Lando, makes the Kessel run, and wins the Falcon within the span of a few days.

It made it feel like he was literally about to go do his run for Jabba right ahead of ANH even though there was still a decade to go.

I liked the basic heist story, thought there were some really cool moments, I even liked the new characters, but it basically all felt like it was just to establish a character we already knew. I’ve watched it a few times, and enjoy it, but it doesn’t really add anything to the method so it ends up feeling a little pointless.

If they had made the same movie, but made it Lando’s backstory it would have worked better.

 

 

Yeah, its not perfect. This is probably gonna draw some flack but I'd put it right around the same level as Mandalorian. In fact I'm more much looking forward to the Lando series than any of the Mando adjacent stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The nice thing about what Disney is doing is that there’s something for everyone. I didn’t love Mando as much as everyone else - I didn’t even watch season 2 until months later, and only when my entire family watched it. Solo seemed like a generic sci-fi movie with a Star Wars skin slapped on it. I enjoyed Rogue One until the last few minutes, and then I hated the Vader stuff. So my opinions are obviously very different than a lot of people here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to disagree with anyone's complaints except for the 'it isn't necessary' goofiness.  None of this is necessary.  Additionally, I have been craving Solo stories since I've been watching SW.  When I discovered the Han Solo trilogy books, which was probably around 1989 in a used book store, I lost my freaking mind.  Bring em on!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

I'm not going to disagree with anyone's complaints except for the 'it isn't necessary' goofiness.  None of this is necessary.  Additionally, I have been craving Solo stories since I've been watching SW.  When I discovered the Han Solo trilogy books, which was probably around 1989 in a used book store, I lost my freaking mind.  Bring em on!

A time traveler from a dark future timeline told me that the prequels were absolutely necessary. Without them, George Lucas would have ended up committing genocide on a level never seen in human history. Thankfully he got to live vicariously through his creation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest regret in life came last night after watching a goddamn YouTube video of some SW fan page nerd.  It's no wonder so much of fandom is up in arms when they're being fed this random fan opinion served up as fact.   Kill me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Why would Han and Luke ditch the trooper armor after getting out of the garbage compactor in ANH? Wouldn’t it be advantageous to continue trying to use it to hide in plain sight while running around the Death Star? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...