dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

1 hour ago, Metropolis said:

The B Wing actually has no bombs like the ones in TLJ. The B actually stands for Blade. Yet the A in A-Wing doesn't stand for anything if I'm not mistaken.

Considering they don't use the English alphabet in Star Wars then how the hell does the B stand for Blade?

On 8/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

Word. Threepio should’ve been Padme’s droid and Artoo should’ve been Watto’s and/or the Skywalkers. Anakin didn’t need to build any of them. Stupid George.

I think Lucas did it so that Anakin and Padme could exchange droids, sort of like a symbolic gesture of their love. It didn’t play that well in the films because again, George, but the Clone Wars micro series that aired between AOTC and ROTS had an episode about this. 

On 8/25/2022 at 4:14 PM, Jedigoat said:

How does a home-made droid, made by a ten year old slave, know over 10 million languages?

I figure Anakin put in some kind of Star Wars Raspberry Pi chip in Golden Rod and just downloaded as many pirated languages as he could from the darknet.  

If Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime, then that means Optimus Prime was originally a different name/transformer!?  I never thought about that till today.  

Sorry I thought this was the dumb Transformers question thread.  

Here's a SW one that's also Transformers......are SW Transformers canon?

Does Porkins like to eat at Perkins?

*ahem* .... uh...sorry...I'll think of a better dumb question...

Would Luke still have gone to face Vader on Bespin if Obi-Wan accidentally let the secret slip out on Dagobah?

"Luke, I don't want to lose you to the Emperor the way I lost Anakin...um...uh....I mean Vader."

I wondered the same thing. In ROTJ Yoda tells Luke, not ready for the burden were you. But was that really the reason? Had Luke stayed on Dagobah and finished his training, was the plan to knight him as a Jedi and then tell him Vader is his dad? Or were they never going to tell him and just hoped once he was a fully trained Jedi he would go kill Vader? And if that’s the case, Yoda and Obi Wan look like a-holes for doing that. In fact, the way ESB plays out, they look stupid as is for not telling him. Wouldn’t it have been better to sit him down and tell him the truth rather than him finding out from Vader himself?

1 hour ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

Or were they never going to tell him and just hoped once he was a fully trained Jedi he would go kill Vader? And if that’s the case, Yoda and Obi Wan look like a-holes for doing that. In fact, the way ESB plays out, they look stupid as is for not telling him. Wouldn’t it have been better to sit him down and tell him the truth rather than him finding out from Vader himself?

100% believe this is what they were going for. Yoda's an asshole, as I've said before. I forgive Obi-Wan a little bit because he's been shown to show remorse and an ability to admit when he's wrong. But Yoda's a dick all the time to Luke for no reason.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:47 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

100% believe this is what they were going for. Yoda's an asshole, as I've said before. I forgive Obi-Wan a little bit because he's been shown to show remorse and an ability to admit when he's wrong. But Yoda's a dick all the time to Luke for no reason.

But he's green and cute so he gets a pass right 

4 hours ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

I find it amusing when Obi Wan appears to Luke on Hoth to tell him to go to Dagobah. Luke’s about to freeze to death and Obi Wan just casually pops in like Luke was sitting on his patio having a cup of coffee. If this scene had been in the PT or ST, it would’ve been ripped to shreds. 

Ha ha!

On that sort of subject, the PT (well episode 3 really, and then followed up in “Kenobi” recently), goes into it a bit that you have to learn how to speak to those who have passed over, whereas Luke can do it almost immediately “Run Luke, Run!”

What was the thinking there? Some bonus effect of Kenobi’s body disappearing unlike Qui-Gon?

Was Vader really that much of a badass?

On screen defeats:

Ep 2, defeated by Dooku

Ep 3, Defeated by Obi Wan

Obi Wan: Defeated by Obi Wan

Rebels: Ahsoka arguably won, or at least a draw, when she sliced his helmet, and we see Vader limping away at the end. 

Ep 4, Fought Obi Wan to a draw until Obi Wan let him win

Ep 6: Defeated by Luke

Apocrypha:

Splinter of the Mind's Eye: Defeated by Luke, while possessed by Obi Wan

The Force Unleashed: Defeated by Starkiller

The Force Unleashed II: Defeated by Starkiller II

7 minutes ago, Metropolis said:

I forgot about that. I was 19 when i read it. The EU aged horribly IMO. But to be fair it wasn't one on one with Vader and Luke.

Read it when I was a kid, and loved it.  Read it again as an adult and yeah, didn't age well at all. 

17 hours ago, Zathras said:

Was Vader really that much of a badass?

On screen defeats:

Ep 2, defeated by Dooku

Ep 3, Defeated by Obi Wan

Obi Wan: Defeated by Obi Wan

Rebels: Ahsoka arguably won, or at least a draw, when she sliced his helmet, and we see Vader limping away at the end. 

Ep 4, Fought Obi Wan to a draw until Obi Wan let him win

Ep 6: Defeated by Luke

Apocrypha:

Splinter of the Mind's Eye: Defeated by Luke, while possessed by Obi Wan

The Force Unleashed: Defeated by Starkiller

The Force Unleashed II: Defeated by Starkiller II

Ep 2: Dooku was on Yoda’s level while Anakin was still learning a la Luke in ESB. We saw what happened to Dooku once Anakin had reached his Jedi level power in ROTS. 

Ep 3, Obi Wan series and 4: Just goes to show Kenobi is just as much a bad ass as Vader. Making him one doesn’t make Vader any less so. Had any other Jedi, save Yoda, shown up on Mustafar in ROTS, Vader would’ve taken them out easily. In the holorecording Obi Wan watches of the temple attack, Vader was taking out multiple Jedi on his own. 

Rebels: Vader was limping away because he had just survived the temple explosion. It wasn’t because Ahsoka beat up on him. Had Ezra not pulled a Marty McFly, Vader would’ve killed her. 

Ep 6: “Your thoughts betray you, father. I feel the good in you, the conflict.” Luke himself is telling us Vader isn’t going all out. He is putting on a show for Palpatine, but he doesn’t want to kill his own son. He could’ve easily wasted Luke in ESB and he is again holding back in ROTJ. Although by this point Luke is also holding back for the same reasons. Luke is better by then and would beat him if they both went at each other full power. But again, just like with Obi Wan, it’s just that Luke has reached his bad ass level too.

I wouldn’t say that. The Battle of Yavin seems to be going well for the Rebels until he shows up. Then he almost single-handedly takes out the whole fleet. Luke only survives because of Han’s interference. 

But I do get your point. I think that’s what pissed off a lot people about the PT. They wanted to see the Vader we saw in the Obi Wan series. Terrorizing a whole town, snapping people’s necks and laying waste to his enemies. Because notice when he goes up against someone not Obi Wan or Luke, that’s what happens. He toyed with Reva in the Obi Wan series and Kanan in Rebels (they only lived because of plot armor.) The same thing happens in the books, at least the ones I’ve read because I don’t read too much fiction. 

• 9 months later...

I'm all about inclusion but, within the context of the SW universe, how does the Empire explain going from seemingly British men only to having females as well as alien races in stories outside of the original films?  It's probably not even worth asking, as it is a potential problematic question, but I always wondered if that was ever explained anywhere in the EU at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.