dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

• 3 weeks later...

“Wait Luke, it’s too dangerous!”

Obi Wan yells at Luke to stop. But doesn’t do anything except watch him speed off as Luke heads home because he believes, rightfully so, that stormtroopers are on their way there to slaughter the family. 

What if Luke made it in time to see the stormtroopers still there? After spending two decades watching over Luke, how ironic that at the moment of truth Obi Wan failed to keep Luke safe. 

On 8/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, Zathras said:

What if Threepio didn't speak Bocci?

I was just thinking about that. Uncle Owen asks if C3PO speaks Bocci, but none of that matters later, because he tells Luke to take the droids to Anchorhead to have their memory wiped. WTF?

C3P0 "I don't know how to speak any languages jackass! You just had my memory erased!"

1 hour ago, The Choc said:

Pretty well established that memory and language are not connected in droids. Threepio has his memory wiped in III and IX and speaks perfectly fine after both instances.

That would be under primary programming. He talks about being taught the binary language of evaporators, so why wouldn't that be lost. What are they wiping, his dialog memories, or an area of his memory that contains event time tables?

10 hours ago, Gamevet said:

That would be under primary programming. He talks about being taught the binary language of evaporators, so why wouldn't that be lost. What are they wiping, his dialog memories, or an area of his memory that contains event time tables?

My guess is it would be like reimaging a computer. All the applications would still be there but any saved profiles and preferences would be gone.

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

What happened to Luke's X-Wing at Bespin?  In fact, what happened to Bespin after the evacuation? Did the Empire take it over permanently? 

I have a memory of the old Marvel ROTJ comic run from ‘83 onwards where Lando heads back to Could City (in the events between ESB & ROTJ), and remember a reprogrammed Lobot punching him off of the platform as a cliffhanger - can’t recall if the x-wing was involved in the escape, but maybe?

On 8/12/2022 at 10:00 PM, Lord Darth Hunter said:

“Wait Luke, it’s too dangerous!”

Obi Wan yells at Luke to stop. But doesn’t do anything except watch him speed off as Luke heads home because he believes, rightfully so, that stormtroopers are on their way there to slaughter the family. 

What if Luke made it in time to see the stormtroopers still there? After spending two decades watching over Luke, how ironic that at the moment of truth Obi Wan failed to keep Luke safe. 

Yes! Agree! You can say he knew Luke would arrive after they had left, but I think n all honesty in the heat of the moment he felt he needed to guard the droids who had those plans - very risky leaving them alone and quickly legging it into the speeder with Luke…

Rock and a hard place! 

LOL! Why He Do DAT?

11 hours ago, CoLA said:

My guess is it would be like reimaging a computer. All the applications would still be there but any saved profiles and preferences would be gone.

That's what I'd meant by primary programming. LIke a fresh install of windows with all of the basic programs intact.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:46 PM, Gamevet said:

I was just thinking about that. Uncle Owen asks if C3PO speaks Bocci, but none of that matters later, because he tells Luke to take the droids to Anchorhead to have their memory wiped. WTF?

C3P0 "I don't know how to speak any languages jackass! You just had my memory erased!"

If C3PO had his memory erased, then how would he know he had his memory erased? :D

Where did Han learn how to speak Wookiee? Or does he just think he can talk to and understand Chewbacca the same way people communicate with their pet dogs?

On 8/17/2022 at 10:27 AM, Zathras said:

What happened to Luke's X-Wing at Bespin?  In fact, what happened to Bespin after the evacuation? Did the Empire take it over permanently? 

Disney released comic books that actually answer these very questions:

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-plot-hole-mystery-luke-skywalker-x-wing-marvel

I find it amusing that they wrote about it as if it was “fixing a plot hole” between ESB and ROTJ. 

6 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

How does a home-made droid, made by a ten year old slave, know over 10 million languages?

Given that we see a protocol droid earlier with the trade federation, I always assumed Anakin got his hands on a kit-build of some sort.

But yeah, stupid George.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.