dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

1 hour ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

What if Luke doesn’t remove the restraining bolt from R2? Is he killed when the stormtroopers show up looking for the droids? Do Owen and Beru live because Obi Wan would’ve shown up to save all of them from the troopers? And if that’s the case does Luke stay or still go with Obi Wan to save Leia? 

Wouldn't he have been in Anchorhead, getting the memory wiped?

5 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Really speaks bad about Reva that Owen and Beru did so good fighting her off, but some dipshit stormtroopers fried them. I know I know more troopers and another decade shut up.

Because of what we saw in Kenobi the fan theory goes now that the reason Owen and Beru were fried to a crisp in ANH was because they put up a helluva fight. So to send a message to the rest of Tattooine the stormtroopers didn’t just kill them. They made sure to go overboard with their deaths.

Gamevet, I guess it depends on how long that would’ve taken. 

Lol. 

Fandom makes me laugh. I mean, the amount of mental gymnastics people do to retroactively correct inconsistencies/explain away needless things really makes me chuckle.

Imagine if that effort was put to something productive. Nah fuck it..

TBH I think it more likely a jumpy stormtrooper got really over zealous and frustrated by all his colleagues missing their blaster shots left right and centre so he flung a thermal detonator or two at Owen and Aunt Beru as they pushed up the stairs in an aggressive defensive manoeuvre, thus we find the smouldering skeletons on floor when Luke and OB1 come back. Naturally, you gotta go to the club in town after that, dance the pain away.

What we thought would be played out in just two films of a prequel trilogy ended up being almost 20 years of material, from AOTC in 2002 to the TCW series finale in 2020. So when TCW series ended with the shot of the clone helmet in the snow with the reflection of Vader walking away, I thought it was the perfect ending to the Clone Wars era. 

Instead we got another series where the clones are the main characters once again. It might not be “the Clone Wars” anymore but it still feels the same. So that’s my long-winded response to no, not really looking forward to more Bad Batch. 

I feel similar. I tried it, and I LIKED TWC and LOVED Rebels, but it just felt derivative and too on the nose for me.

And once again, this makes me think how much I hate Lucas for basically giving me two decades of wondering about the Clone Wars and then makes it so they start at the literal end of second movie, and ends at top of the third. Fandom waited for years to see the Clone Wars and it happens off screen, only to be filled by comics and cartoons over the next decade and a half. 

13 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

Not really that interested but I might check it out later on down the track. I enjoy TCW and Rebels but I also have to be in a certain mood for the animated shows - which I’m usually taken right out of once a droid does some goofy s**t. 

I feel the same way.  

You know, what I would have really wanted to see is a CGI made by Filoni based around Luke Skywalker.  Set maybe between ANH and TESB.  There is supposedly 3 years they could play with between those two films, and I am sure if asked, MH would reprise the role.  

I'd rather see new actors in the roles than cgi and deepfakes.  I'm probably in the minority but it's not convincing enough and takes me out of it.  I don't mind Alden Ehenreich as Han, Donald Glover was universally loved as Lando.  So I don't think it's any kind of overwhelming challenge to cast for Luke and Leia.  

You can do both though. I think exploring new characters and time periods is definitely needed particularly in live action but exploring the further adventures of Luke as an animated series like Rebels would be a good way to spend more time with those characters. Then you pretty much void the whole deepfake/recasting issue and they don’t need keep forcing Luke cameos into the TV shows. 

We’re less than a decade away from a post ROTJ Luke TV show brought to us by deep fake which gets cheaper and faster every day. Have you guys seem all the AI art out there now? All that tech plus the cooperation of Mark Hamil, it’s just an amount of time. Look at the jump of what they did just in the couple years between Mando s2 and BOBF.

18 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

You can do both though. I think exploring new characters and time periods is definitely needed particularly in live action but exploring the further adventures of Luke as an animated series like Rebels would be a good way to spend more time with those characters. Then you pretty much void the whole deepfake/recasting issue and they don’t need keep forcing Luke cameos into the TV shows. 

100%. I just think the chance for real gold lies far from the established timeline. Ofcourse the chance for complete and utter failure is greater too. Keeping it in the timeline and using established characters to anchor shows is the safer bet. And they should make some safer bets.

23 hours ago, Tank said:

We’re less than a decade away from a post ROTJ Luke TV show brought to us by deep fake which gets cheaper and faster every day. Have you guys seem all the AI art out there now? All that tech plus the cooperation of Mark Hamil, it’s just an amount of time. Look at the jump of what they did just in the couple years between Mando s2 and BOBF.

I don't disagree.   I think there will always be a disconnect with me, but I have no doubt it will get to the point of 100% authenticity.  Depends on the person.  I just feel like I'd be more invested with recasting actors.  Otherwise, I will feel a disconnect but that isn't necessarily true to the majority viewers. 

I want SW to both move away from the core characters but still include them in some way.  I initially hated any idea of a legends book getting adapted to film but Shadows of the Empire and the original Zahn trilogy could be adapted and even improved upon.  Live action. Also, I'd rather see these as films, not TV shows.  

The Mandalorian made it seem like the future of SW was TV shows and it was better off that way. But the cheap way they are producing these series makes me wish they had stuck to films. I hate how the Obi Wan and BOBF suffered from a lack of budget. I think Obi Wan especially would’ve had better results as a well-funded planned out film. 

On 7/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

And why didn't he ever do a trench run? Didn't seem like there were many Y-Wings in the battle.

Apologies for the fan retroactive answers (because I hate them), but Y-Wings are slower.   But they're better defensive ships.  So once the Y-Wing trench runs went to shit, maybe Dodonna ordered to try the faster X-Wings. 

.....LoL, wHy tHeY dO daT??!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.