dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

2 hours ago, Gamevet said:

Well, if we are to believe that Palp was using battle meditation to keep the Imperial fleet in cohesion. The moment he was thrown down the Death Star's Core, was when the Imperial Fleet started getting its arse handed to it.

I find it funny that blowing up the Disney Orlando ball on top of the Executor, would take out the shields of the command center for the ship. How did that monster crashing into the Death Star not destroy it?

I’ve never liked that battle meditation explanation because it implies exactly what you just said. That the tide turned when the Emperor was killed. But by the tIme Vader threw him down the shaft, the shield generator had already been destroyed and Lando, Wedge and the others were about to fly into the reactor shaft. At that point all the Imperials could do was have the Tie Fighters follow and blow the Falcon up before the Rebels reached the core. If Vader doesn’t turn on Palpatine the Ties would’ve succeeded? 

2 hours ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

I’ve never liked that battle meditation explanation because it implies exactly what you just said. That the tide turned when the Emperor was killed. But by the tIme Vader threw him down the shaft, the shield generator had already been destroyed and Lando, Wedge and the others were about to fly into the reactor shaft. At that point all the Imperials could do was have the Tie Fighters follow and blow the Falcon up before the Rebels reached the core. If Vader doesn’t turn on Palpatine the Ties would’ve succeeded? 

The rebels had to destroy the Star Destroyer that was jamming their signal. I don't know if it was destroyed before, or after Palpatine was killed. The Rebels would not have known that, if their signals were still being jammed. 

9 hours ago, Gamevet said:

The rebels had to destroy the Star Destroyer that was jamming their signal. I don't know if it was destroyed before, or after Palpatine was killed. The Rebels would not have known that, if their signals were still being jammed. 

No, that's why I said when Palpatine was killed Lando, Wedge and the other ships were already going into the reactor shaft. There was nothing the Imperials could do to stop them from blowing up the Death Star at this point except for the Tie Fighters to shoot them down in those tunnels. When the shield generator was destroyed, the Rebels knew immediately the shield was down and commenced their attack on the Death Star. The Star Destroyer wasn't even brought down until after Lando and Wedge were about to reach the central core.

The whole chosen one thing doesn’t make sense, but even in the movies they say that they may have misunderstood the prophecy.

I know that Lucas has said Anakin was the chosen one, but I consider creator comments to be below the EU in terms of canon.

19 hours ago, Gamevet said:

Yeah, you shoot them out during some missions in Rogue Squadron 2 on the Gamecube, to disable the shields of the Star Destroyers. Somebody needed to fire their engineers.

Probably the best Star Wars game I ever played. Why hasn’t that gotten a remaster?! 

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

The whole chosen one thing doesn’t make sense, but even in the movies they say that they may have misunderstood the prophecy.

I know that Lucas has said Anakin was the chosen one, but I consider creator comments to be below the EU in terms of canon.

It even makes less sense Anakin was the Chosen One with the ST.  Basically, Rey seems to be the real chosen one,  given the ending of TROS.

Just now, Zathras said:

It even makes less sense Anakin was the Chosen One with the ST.  Basically, Rey seems to be the real chosen one,  given the ending of TROS.

I think one thing we haven't considered, because we've basically got a lot of movies from the Jedi perspective, is that the Jedi were causing disbalance.

I mean, they're actually pretty villainous. They're a baby-stealing religious cult that uses mind control on the weak. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

I think one thing we haven't considered, because we've basically got a lot of movies from the Jedi perspective, is that the Jedi were causing disbalance.

I mean, they're actually pretty villainous. They're a baby-stealing religious cult that uses mind control on the weak. 

Well, if the prophecy was misread, maybe they just had the wrong "Skywalker."

I also don't accept the jedi stole kids.  Anakin is the only kid we see in the movies joining the jedi, and it was voluntary.  In fact the jedi were reluctant.   So I think typically jedi offered the force sensitive kids a choice to join, and even then they had to go before the council to be accepted as a padawan. 

But where the balance was tipped is the jedi wiped out all but 2 sith for 1000 years, and the sith did the same in turn, though only during palpatine's rule.  Maybe being out of balance means too many jedi or too many sith at a given time?

1 minute ago, Zathras said:

Well, if the prophecy was misread, maybe they just had the wrong "Skywalker."

I also don't accept the jedi stole kids.  Anakin is the only kid we see in the movies joining the jedi, and it was voluntary.  In fact the jedi were reluctant.   So I think typically jedi offered the force sensitive kids a choice to join, and even then they had to go before the council to be accepted as a padawan. 

But where the balance was tipped is the jedi wiped out all but 2 sith for 1000 years, and the sith did the same in turn, though only during palpatine's rule.  Maybe being out of balance means too many jedi or too many sith at a given time?

Anakin is the only one we see, but we’re told that he’s too old. There’s no way a kid younger than 9 can consent to joining a cult and abandoning their family.

40 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Anakin is the only one we see, but we’re told that he’s too old. There’s no way a kid younger than 9 can consent to joining a cult and abandoning their family.

Not the kids themselves, but maybe the parents or guardians consent.  I'm sure Tattooine isn't the only arm pit of a planet people can't wait to get away from.  It's like living in Arkansas and joining the peace corps to get away from there. LOL!

49 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Not the kids themselves, but maybe the parents or guardians consent.  I'm sure Tattooine isn't the only arm pit of a planet people can't wait to get away from.  It's like living in Arkansas and joining the peace corps to get away from there. LOL!

I’m still sticking with it I show up at your house with a broadsword, that lowers your ability to consent. Jedi show up armed and willing to use Force to get what they want

7 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

Probably the best Star Wars game I ever played. Why hasn’t that gotten a remaster?! 

Probably because of the Disney Star Wars tax, along with Factor 5 being no more. 

It would be a prime game, along with RS3, for the Nintendo Switch.

7 hours ago, Gamevet said:

Why did we not see the host planet of Endor (Tana) during any of the battle scenes in ROTJ?

THAT'S a good one. Someone refresh me--in TROS when Rey goes to the Death Star wreckage, was that on another of the moons or the planet itself? The planet was supposed to be a gas giant, right? Why do I think/know that?

40 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

THAT'S a good one. Someone refresh me--in TROS when Rey goes to the Death Star wreckage, was that on another of the moons or the planet itself? The planet was supposed to be a gas giant, right? Why do I think/know that?

I think it was a gas giant in EU and other sources. But the location the Deathstar II wreckage is a moon of Endor.  I don't think it was named, so I don't know if it is the sanctuary moon, or some other moon.  JJ cares not for such details, which is why he sucks as a writer!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.