dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

On 8/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, Zathras said:

You don't need no PhD to figure out the ex-Jedi  with a red light saber leading the Confederacy of Independent Systems, which you are at war with, might want you dead when you are voting on creating an army that might stop his plans.

But Padme was voting against the army.  That was my point.  Of all the senators, why should he want to remove her?  

She was right?   Was it ever stated that Dooku was behind it? 

Yes.  It was part of the deal he made with the trade federation viceroy.  The TF was still pissed at her over the events of TPM.  The only way they would sign Dooku's treaty is if he brought them her head.  Of course Padme didn't know that.  For all she knew, she was just a senator who was voting against creating an army that could destroy the separatist movement, so it was kind of odd that she would suspect Dooku of trying to kill her.  I just wish the film had made explicit what her reasoning was.  

On 8/20/2021 at 4:56 PM, Quetzalcoatl said:

Why did Padme suspect Dooku to be behind her assassination attempts in AOTC?  She was right of course, but on the surface he should have been the last guy to point a finger at.  She was a separatist sympathizer.  She was kinda on their side.  So why would she even think Dooku was trying to kill her?  I never understood that.  

Padme was never pro-Separatist, she was pro-Republic. She knew that a Republic unified army under the direct command of the chancellor was not keeping with what the Republic stood for. All the cut loyalist committee scenes from ROTS would have made it much more clear.

She was basically opposing the leadership of both factions and pro-peace. Given her connection to Palpatine she disagreed with him, but she didn't suspect him of anything other than making bad decisions. So it would make sense to assume Dooku was behind it. (When really, she was a threat to both Sith Lords.)

Still kills me how the PT has some great political intrigue ideas, but executes them so poorly.

It's like Steve Rogers in Captain America and Winter Soldier. He had the morals to stand for an ideal and still turn his back on SHIELD knowing they were corrupt. That didn't make him pro-Hydra, it just made him morally right.

But Padme was voting against the army.  That was my point.  Of all the senators, why should he want to remove her?  

Short answer is GL's poor writing.   Long answer is Tank's response, which I agree 100% and he said it better than I could. 

11 hours ago, The Choc said:

They say its poor writing but its blatantly obvious what Padme's position was, why she didn't trust Dooku and why hed want her dead. 

It was obvious to me due to the opening crawl, and the fact Dooku was played by Christopher Lee.  But to be fair to Quetz, Padme kind of just blurts out that she thinks its Dooku and doesn't present evidence after the Jedi push back and say "well, that's impossible because Dooku used to be a jedi."  Which in of itself is dumb. 

Yeah I agree.  You can suspect someone based on a gut feeling.  Dooku was working with Nute Gunray, who clearly wanted Padme dead. The second attempt on her life by Zam, who was hired by Jango, who worked directly for Dooku.  Pretty clear they either wanted her dead, or even Sidious was plotting to threaten her life in order to bring her and Anakin together, which orchestrated his downfall to the dark side. 

1 hour ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

What if the twins had been separated in the opposite way? Luke had been adopted by the Organas and Leia had gone to live as a farmer on Tatooine? How would the saga had played out?

This was played out in a comic book. I can't recall the title, but when Dark Horse was doing the SW comics they had a "what if" series, and this switch was played out through the course of the OT. It was actually pretty cool.

There's tons or articles, youtube videos, and fan art dedicated to the concept.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.32.51 PM.png

I don't remember that one.  I didn't know they did any "Infinities" comics involving prequel era changes, but I read all three of the OT ones.  I'm sure I've still got them somewhere.  I seem to remember the ANH one being considerably better than at least ROTJ, though likely both of the others.  They got pretty wild, if I remember correctly.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

This was played out in a comic book. I can't recall the title, but when Dark Horse was doing the SW comics they had a "what if" series, and this switch was played out through the course of the OT. It was actually pretty cool.

There's tons or articles, youtube videos, and fan art dedicated to the concept.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 2.32.51 PM.png

You’re right. As soon as I google “Luke and Leia switch places” tons of stuff comes up that is all over the place as far as how things would go. An interesting one is Leia was the more confident and forceful of the two so she would’ve rebelled against her aunt and uncle at a much younger age and perhaps left Tatooine sooner. Obi Wan would’ve had a hell of a time chasing after her to ensure her safety and may as well have revealed who she really was sooner because of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

What if Vader hadn’t blocked Luke’s attack on the Emperor in ROTJ? 

Palpatine probably could have saved himself, but had he not, I think Anakin would have ended up beyond redemption. And the power rush of killing in anger and hatred would have helped Vader convince Luke that with the Emperor gone, they could take over the galaxy and stop the needless war. 

In short, Luke would have fallen, and Vader would have risen. Or, based on Rise of Skywalker, Palpatine and whoever else maybe would’ve taken up residence inside Vader or maybe Luke.

Somehow there would have been a big eyed precocious child staring into the sky constantly. In Jabba’s palace. She’s have tagged along with the group. Probably would’ve been the one to make friends with the Ewoks instead of Leia. Then, magically, in the celebration at the end, her parents would’ve magically come out of a tree hit and they would’ve hugged AND CREDITS.

What if Anakin had not survived his duel with Obi Wan on Mustafar? Wouldn’t the Emperor have won? The only reason Palpatine failed in ROTJ is because Vader turned on him to save his son. Any other apprentice of Palpatine’s wouldn’t have cared if Luke died. For that matter Luke may not have made it to ROTJ at all if Vader wasn’t his father. In ESB any other Sith Lord would've just killed him once he saw he wasn’t going to be able to turn Luke.  

6 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

So the Empire has a Death 'Star' and they also have 'Star' Destroyers......so do they secretly want to destroy their own big ole space station??

Only could be done if they mounted Death Star lasers on the Star Destroyers.  But who would do that!?

Oh, wait....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.