dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

Krawlie is right though.   Noah and Wicket go to the castle to rescue the captured Ewoks and Cindel or however you spell the girl's name. 

There are lizards monster things in this movie that are seen in the Mandalorian.  Mando rides one in season 1. 

I thought the castle was from the first one.

what the hell is happening on Endor? Why they gotta castle anyway.

The main thing I remember is in the first one, the two kids spend the entire movie finding their parents, the brother had a major butt face, and then the brother and parents were killed off in the first 5 minutes in the second one.

And somebody tell me if adult Cindel got a gritty adult version somewhere in the EU.

1 hour ago, Darth Krawlie said:

goddamnit now I gotta google to find out

one of the movies had a witch, right? cuz I think I remember a witch with the castle. and I'm not thinking of Bavmorda, I actually LIKED Willow.

Right-- I thought the witch was the first one, and she had the castle... GODDOMMIT... now I have to google too.

Just to save others:

Caravan of Courage:

On the forest moon of Endor, the Towani family starcruiser lies wrecked. The Towani family (Catarine, Jeremitt, Mace and Cindel) are stranded. When Catarine and Jeremitt vanish (having been captured by the Gorax), the children are found by the Ewok Deej. After Mace tries to kill them, the Ewoks subdue him and take both children to the Ewoks’ home. There, Cindel and Wicket become friends. Shortly thereafter, the Ewoks kill a boar wolf only to find a life-monitor from one of the Towani parents with the creature.

They seek out the Ewok Logray who informs them that the parents have been taken by the monstrous Gorax, which resides in a deserted, dangerous area. A caravan of Ewoks is formed to help the children find their parents. They meet up with a wistie named Izrina and a boisterous Ewok named Chukha-Trok before finally reaching the lair of the Gorax. They engage the Gorax in battle, freeing Jeremitt and Catarine, but Chukha-Trok is killed. The Gorax is thought destroyed when it is knocked into a chasm, but it takes a final blow from Mace (using Chukha-Trok's axe) to kill the creature, which tries to climb back up after them. Thus reunited, the Towanis decide to stay with the Ewoks until they can repair the starcruiser, and Izrina leaves to go back to her family.

and then  Battle for Endor:

Nearly six months have passed since the events of the first film;[1] the Towani family's star cruiser is almost completely fixed and Jeremitt is putting the final touches on the craft. While the family is preparing to leave the forest moon of Endor, the Ewok village is attacked by a Marauder group led by Terak and his witch-like sorceress Charal. Many Ewoks are captured, while Jeremitt, Catarine, and Mace are killed helping to defend the Ewok village.

While running away from the carnage, Cindel and Wicket meet Teek, a small, fast native of Endor. Teek takes them to the home of Noa Briqualon, a human male who is angered by their uninvited presence and throws them out. Eventually he proves himself to be kindhearted, letting Teek steal food for Cindel and Wicket, and inviting the two in as they attempt to build a fire for warmth.

At the Marauders' castle, Terak orders Charal to find Cindel, assuming she knows how to use "the power" in the energy cell stolen from Jeremitt's star cruiser. Meanwhile, Noa, Cindel, and Wicket are becoming friends. It is revealed that Noa is rebuilding his own wrecked star cruiser, only missing the energy cell. Cindel is awakened one morning by a song her mother used to sing. She follows the voice to find a woman singing, who transforms into Charal and takes her to Terak. He orders Cindel to activate "the power", but she cannot, and is imprisoned with the Ewoks. Outside, Noa, Wicket, and Teek sneak into the castle, free Cindel and the Ewoks, and escape with the energy cell.

Terak, Charal, and the Marauders pursue them back to the ship, where Wicket leads the Ewoks in defense of the cruiser as Noa installs the energy cell. The Ewoks put up a valiant effort, and are nearly beaten by the time Noa powers up the ship and uses its laser cannons to fend off the Marauders. Cindel goes to save Wicket and is captured by Terak, as the other Marauders retreat. Terak and Noa face off, with Wicket finally coming to the rescue, killing Terak and simultaneously leaving Charal trapped in bird form. Shortly thereafter, goodbyes are said, and Cindel leaves Endor with Noa on his starship.

Bonus entry:

• Tyrant's Test (1996) - In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Cindel Towani went on to appear in Tyrant's Test, the third book of Michael P. Kube-McDowell's Star Wars book series, The Black Fleet Crisis trilogy. In the novel, set over ten years after The Battle for Endor, Cindel is shown to have grown to become a reporter on Coruscant. During the Yevethan crisis, Cindel received the so-called Plat Mallar tapes from Admiral Drayson, and leaked the story of the only survivor of the Yevethan attack of Polneye. The report was meant to garner sympathy among the people of the New Republic and the Senate and it worked. The Expanded Universe timeline states Cindel decided to join the New Republic and go into journalism after witnessing the Battle of Endor.

I only watched tBfE growing up.  I believe I saw it before any of the SW movies.  I really enjoyed it as a kid.  When I got the dvd of both Ewok movies, I was aghast at how horrible the first was, but I thought tBfE actually held up pretty well.

I also have no fucking clue who that guy is supposed to be on the poster, Goat.

The dumbest thing about the Ewok movies is that the second one does an Alien 3, and kills of most of the main human characters from the first film in the first 10 minutes, rendering the first movie completely moot. 

Which order would you rather watch?

1.  Star Wars Holiday Special (including 12 minutes of wookiespeak)

2. Ewok Movie double feature

3. The Rise of Skywalker

4.  The Attack of the Clones

No fast forward scene skipping (except maybe lightspeed skipping)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.