dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

Yeah, someone ought to edit those two shots out of the movie and leave only the tension of Vader's thumb on the trigger with Luke in his sights. Until that happens, I guess we can say those were intimidation shots? Maybe he just wanted to have fun with the last remaining X-wing pilot?

And Wookieepedia is far from immaculate. I've personally cleaned up lots of their mistakes.

7 hours ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

Yeah, someone ought to edit those two shots out of the movie and leave only the tension of Vader's thumb on the trigger with Luke in his sights. Until that happens, I guess we can say those were intimidation shots? Maybe he just wanted to have fun with the last remaining X-wing pilot?

And Wookieepedia is far from immaculate. I've personally cleaned up lots of their mistakes.

You're the one who wrote about SW boobs, aren't you?   Or you noticed there was no mention of blue skinned SW boobs and you could not allow such a glaring omission. 

42 minutes ago, captainbleh said:

Or they could, you know, leave it alone

This is Star Wars! The primary reason for it is to be edited and changed until it eventually is a completely new movie. The Movie of Theseus.

That Vader shot in the trench always bugs me when I watch ANH. But it’d probably bug me a helluva lot more if it was tinkered with. 

Next dumb question. Is Threepio a liar? Do droids lie about things out of convenience? In ANH he told Luke he’s “only an interpreter and not very good at telling stories.” In ROTJ he tells the story of the whole saga up to that point (including accurate sound effects!) to the whole Ewok village.

The problem with leaving it alone is that ship has already sailed. Now that changes have been made, I think it's fair game to want to keep improving it, and I'm glad there are fans like Adywan who are doing just that. But at the same time, I also want the original, unaltered versions available. Those are the versions where "leave it alone" applies, in my opinion. All or nothing.

I know most people won't agree, but that is my opinion. I'm one of the few who was mostly okay with the Special Editions to begin with.

31 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

In ANH, an officer tells Vader that several of the Falcon's escape pods have been jettisoned.  In SOLO, you have the escape pod in the front of the ship......so where were the rest of the pods?

I always assumed the 6 rings in the back circled in red were escape pod bays.

falcon.jpg.dafaf0080e13ed63dd5d6b098443c51e.jpg

Consulting my copy of The Millennium Falcon: A 3D Owner's Guide, I've come upon the section regarding escape pods. It turns out they are on the second lowest layer--down in Engineering--so the circles in the picture above are not them (those, it turns out, are heat vents). Here is what the book has to say about escape pods:

"The Falcon is equipped with five personal escape pods. Probably more than I'll ever need."
--Lando Calrissian

The YT-1300 carries escape pods for emergency evacuations. Galactic law requires that every vessel carry enough pods to safely evacuate all crew and passangers.

"Before the Death Star capture, I dumped three pods as a decoy, which temporarily tricked the Imperials into thinking the 
Falcon had been abandoned. I still haven't replaced the lost pods, but then again, I don't ever intend to abandon the ship."
--Han Solo

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.