dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

1 hour ago, The Choc said:

Whats funny is these dumb questions we are asking mostly about the OT as a joke are questions people really would ask seriously about the PT and ST and call them plot holes.

I guess that just means we are all not that far gone, afterall!  At least for the most part. LOL!

Actually, the people of Tatooine do take a beating from the environment in that they age much faster than is natural. We can see this in Owen, Beru, and Obi-Wan. I know it's EU, but this is actually acknowledge and confirmed in a young adult book.

Why their skin isn't darker, I have no idea. I guess they're really good at shielding themselves from the sun?

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe not a question, but a comment/observation...

After 11 movies and 2 seasons of TV, for all the space chases, dogfights, and interplanetary jaunts, we've never seen a single instance of somebody in a space suit, in zero-g, or in vacuum. 

We see Han, Leia, and Chewie don breath masks inside the belly of the exogorth in Empire. But that begs the question: how is it that a livable, perfectly pressurized atmosphere exists within the creature's stomach, necessitating only a breath mask? And how is it that the creature seems to generate gravity within its stomach, and only on one side of it, creating a floor? Further, how did Han know about these conditions before exiting the Falcon, knowing he'd be just fine with only a breath mask and would be able to walk normally without floating around?

10 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I think the closest we've gotten is when the window breaks in Grevious' ship, and Leia getting sucked out. But yeah, no actual spacesuits. Kinda weird.

I forgot that the artificial gravity got wonky too.

3 minutes ago, Zerimar Nyliram said:

We see Han, Leia, and Chewie don breath masks inside the belly of the exogorth in Empire. But that begs the question: how is it that a livable, perfectly pressurized atmosphere exists within the creature's stomach, necessitating only a breath mask? And how is it that the creature seems to generate gravity within its stomach, and only on one side of it, creating a floor? Further, how did Han know about these conditions before exiting the Falcon, knowing he'd be just fine with only a breath mask and would be able to walk normally without floating around?

Bugged me even as a kid.

But you know, I've been thinking lately: technology has advanced to the point where average everyday people can create fills with special effects pretty close to the Hollywood quality. Wouldn't it be a fun little fan project to refilm some of these parts of Star Wars that are problematic? Someone already did that with the Obi-Wan/Vader duel from A New Hope, so why not reshoot the exogorth scene with actors in full spacesuits, and use DeepFake technology to put the faces of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher on the actors? I know a lot of you would be opposed to that idea, but I'm talking about doing something completely for fun.

You could also recreate a lot the scenes that George Lucas planned but were scrapped due to technological limits, such as Vader briefly lifting Luke out of the air shaft before losing him, or Luke successfully deflecting Sidious' Force lightning before succumbing to it, or Luke's lightsaber training on Degobah. If I had the money I'd spearhead the project myself.

I've brought this up probably 10 times when people bring up science type errors in the PT or ST. Nothing in the saga is as ridiculous as the whole thing with the space monster for all the reasons said here already and more. Like what does that thing eat? What does it breathe? How does it reproduce?

I actually read an interesting thought on that recently, not that I even agree with it but its interesting. Basically the guy said that Padme did not die because she lost the will to live, instead the whole thing plays into the Jedi's over reliance on droids. This is a theme that is a bit in episode II when Dax tells Obi Wan the Jedi are too reliant on drods and also kinda with that librarian lady telling him that if the planet isnt in the archives it simply doesnt exist.

This guys theory is that since Padme's injuries were caused by The Force that a droid simply could not figure out what caused them so it says "it appears she has lost the will to live" since the droid can find no other explanation.

The most unrealistic thing about SW is Han would never have chased a stuck up bitch like Leia.   But I'm guessing his original intention may have been banging her before heading back to pay Jabba.  

Maybe they did hook up, just prior to ESB.  No way they would despise each other to that level without having hooked up already.   That level of hostility in Empire can only be that they fucked, Han decides to split and she gets pissed. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.