dumb questions

Darth Krawlie

Wasn't he just a representative? I would assume the Galactic Senate has some wonky rule where a senator's representative may speak on his or her behalf in their absence. But then I guess that opens the door to the senators never doing any work and reaping the pay while their representatives do all the work, so hmmmm . . . Maybe there's a once-per-term limit on this activity, and only reserved for votes on major decisions?

I don't know, I'm just winging it here.

3 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

What are Jar Jar's credentials for becoming a General?  Then becoming a Senator?  

I'm assuming Boss Nass just figured they were going to get slaughtered so hey fuck it, might as well put Binks in charge.  

What qualifies Luke to fly an X-Wing at the end of Star Wars? I mean its not like they are short pilots. Only Wedge and Luke survive the attack on the Death Star. Then at the end there are many orange suited pilots at the medal ceremony. The only conclusion can be they chose to let Luke pilot it over an actual experienced Alliance pilot. Luke had never even flown a space ship before. Its pretty insane. 

36 minutes ago, The Choc said:

What qualifies Luke to fly an X-Wing at the end of Star Wars? I mean its not like they are short pilots. Only Wedge and Luke survive the attack on the Death Star. Then at the end there are many orange suited pilots at the medal ceremony. The only conclusion can be they chose to let Luke pilot it over an actual experienced Alliance pilot. Luke had never even flown a space ship before. Its pretty insane. 

Luke had experience with the T-16s, and when you have a moon-sized planet killing space station with countless TIE fighters, you need everyone you can get!  The Rebellion is very small, and the empire spans, well, the entire galaxy.  I mean what is Mon Mothma going to do?  Turn Luke down? 

4 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

What are Jar Jar's credentials for becoming a General?  Then becoming a Senator?  

I'm assuming Boss Nass just figured they were going to get slaughtered so hey fuck it, might as well put Binks in charge.  

George Lucas's desire to sell toys!  

Actually, now that I think about it, Boss Nass was pretty proud of his army.  He probably figured he would beat the Trade Federation's ass anyway.  Nass went to Tarpals and said 'hey man, we're going to win so hard.   I'll make Jar Jar a general, just to give us a handicap, and we'll still dominate.'

16 hours ago, Zathras said:

Luke had experience with the T-16s, and when you have a moon-sized planet killing space station with countless TIE fighters, you need everyone you can get!  The Rebellion is very small, and the empire spans, well, the entire galaxy.  I mean what is Mon Mothma going to do?  Turn Luke down? 

In theory yes, but look at the medal ceremony. There are many pilots there who weren't on the Death Star attack. They evidently have more pilots than ships, yet they allowed Luke to pilot one of those precious few ships rather than an established pilots. I mean look how many pilots are at the ceremony. They chose Luke over all those guys who are in those orange pilot suits. 

ceremony.jpg

52 minutes ago, The Choc said:

In theory yes, but look at the medal ceremony. There are many pilots there who weren't on the Death Star attack. They evidently have more pilots than ships, yet they allowed Luke to pilot one of those precious few ships rather than an established pilots. I mean look how many pilots are at the ceremony. They chose Luke over all those guys who are in those orange pilot suits. 

ceremony.jpg

But what if they had more ships than pilots?  Maybe some pilots doubled as soldiers and were killed.  This isn't a regular army, but a guerrilla operation, and people have to fill multiple roles.  PLus, Wedge and Biggs had put in a good word for Luke (said in a throwaway line), and it wasn't like Luke was not an established pilot. Luke was established as a good pilot throughout the movie. Obi wan commented, after telling him Anakin was a good pilot, that he understood Luke was something of a good pilot in his own right.  Not to mention Luke spoke up to Obi Wan when they were trying to hire Han, and said he could fly them instead.   

I mean, it's not like Luke was doing a Rey, and pulled being a good pilot for the Falcon out of nowhere. 

I’d like to know if anyone ever gave any consideration to suntans in Star Wars. 

Emperor and Vader are pale as f - makes sense. And hiring a lot of pasty Brits to play Imperial Naval Officers was a good call, all that time in space equals no tan.
But Rey and Luke growing up on desert-or-twin sun planets should have been tanned as Will Smith. What gives?

Why does the Emperor leak real info to the Rebellion in ROTJ? It seems to me that some fake info woulda worked just as well. Give them like a different location of the shield generator. I know itll be "his overconfidence is his undoing" but this doesnt really seem overconfident, it seems dumb and careless. 

6 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Where does the moisture come from on the moisture farms on Tatooine?  Desert planet, with 2 suns? Seems like all beach and no ocean!

I think that is kinda the point. There is so little moisture in the air that what little there is has to be pulled out of the air with specialized equipment just to harness it enough for basic, subsistence agriculture. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.