Dexter coming back as a limited series

David

I’m pumped. This show should be my all time favorite show, but the way they dragged out the final few seasons and how they handled the series finale, absolutely soured it. However, I’m all for redemption. And it’s been 7 years. What I’m hoping for is redemption from the complete finale fuck up, and retribution. I love Dexter, the character is amazing. But he should be dead, period.

https://www.sho.com/dexter

My faltering brain registered the phrase 'limited series' in the thread title as an implicit criticism of how the show itself didn't have a great deal of range and struggled after its first few seasons to either expand beyond or deepen its own formulaic structure UNTIL memory of what those words are kicked in and then my brain was like : "Oh, right. A limited series. It's going to come back but only for a few episodes."

6 hours ago, David said:

And it’s been 7 years.

This ALSO made my brain misfire! Could've sworn it'd only been closer to something like five years. Maybe I only caught up on the finale towards the tail end of 2014? I don't know.

• 1 year later...

Did anyone see this? I was a big fan of the original run - well seasons 1 to 5 were the good ones before it severely went off the boil. Trinity in season 4 is one of the highlights of any show in my opinion.

Final episode aired last night in the US (early hours of Monday morning here in the UK).

Strong series I thought - very nicely done and a worth series villain. Won’t say much more now in case of spoilers (can’t remember how to get those tags!!).

But well worth a watch! 

I saw it. Clancy Brown great! But of course Clancy Brown great even if reading the phone book or whatever. It’s not news at this point in time that Clancy Brown great. We all know Clancy Brown great!

Ending terrible! Not a good ending! Can’t figure out how to do a spoiler tag anymore but I suppose telling y’all what I thought was going to end up happening (but didn’t! it didn’t happen! and nothing equally or more satisfying — or even satisficing — happened! what DID happen suuuuuucked!) doesn’t really count as much of a spoiler. If it does, well, sorry. Stop reading these words, maybe!

I figured the season was headed towards Jennifer Carpenter peacing out the same way James Remar did what w/Dexter’s conscience becoming so disgusted w/his actions that this embodied memory of his loved one leaves him forever. (Wait!? Is that why James Remar’s ghost left Dexter’s mind? I don’t really remember the details anymore.) And a death for nu!Harrison (which would be what makes Jennifer Carpenter ditch him!) followed by him becoming Dexter’s new ghost pal. Same way as his dead father and his dead sister were up in his noggin now it’s his dead son in his head.

I also kind of figured the billionaire guy would end up being a bigger deal this season. Oh well! Maybe he’ll be back for Dexter: More New Blood (‘23) or whatever. Whenever.

• 2 months later...

So, overall, this was a good season, but I did not like how it ended.  Dexter getting caught, I am fine with.  Dying, as well.  But at the hands of Harrison? When the whole time Dexter professed how he doesn't want to mess up Harrison's life?  Then he saddles him with not only murdering Dexter, but he now has to go on the run with Angela covering for him?  Nah, should have been a different way to either capture and/or kill Dex off.  

That said, it is a far better ending than Remember the Monsters. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.