LIBERATE MICHIGAN!

So, some brave patriots who love America were finally brave enough to try to liberate their state from the clutches of the evil woman dictator. And suddenly we’re supposed to believe they’re somehow wrong? 

Icy, were you involved in this?

34 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

She has a 51/41 favorable/unfavorable rating so yeah, that's not a story. And I know it's not what you mean, but it SOUNDS like you're saying her not being likable is grounds for a kidnapping.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/10/06/whitmer-keeps-favorable-edge-michigan-voters-poll-finds/5898087002/

Those numbers only state that slightly more than half of likely voters approve of her. She's the one who blamed Trump for this. The nuts who planned this stated reason was her policies. Doesn't excuse crazy, but she is doing what everyone is politics is doing. Blaming others for their own doings. 

On 10/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, Fozzie said:

So, some brave patriots who love America were finally brave enough to try to liberate their state from the clutches of the evil woman dictator. And suddenly we’re supposed to believe they’re somehow wrong? 

Icy, were you involved in this?

I was not! But apparently while the training was all done Up North, the plotting was done in my city, which is not surprising!

How Michiganders feel about Whitmer is absolutely divided down political lines. Trump fans HATE her, extremely vocally. Democrats haven't deified her, but do call her "Big Gretch" and generally approve of her sticking to her guns in the face of major opposition.  

You've also got the Two Michigan problem coming into play here. Detroit is part of Michigan geographically, sure, but it doesn't act at all like the rest of the state. People were dropping like flies in Detroit, and Whitmer made the moves to save them. But the majority of the rest of the state is rural, and they didn't understand why everything has to shut down when they don't even know a single person who's had "the Covids" and masks are inconvenient and capitalism is king and you get the idea.

Not to mention, Michigan has had a pretty steady antigovernment militia presence for at least the past 40 years, so it's not at all surprising that the current militia took up the Boogaloo and got crazy with it.

My opinion on Big Gretch and her handling of the pandemic? I think she was right to shut the state down. I think she was right to put the mask order in place. Where she fell down was Unemployment Insurance. She closed the offices completely, refused to put a phone call reservation system into effect until just now, and left everyone to try to figure out a terrible website with zero help after shutting their jobs down. THAT part was positively inhumane, but no one wants to talk about real harm to real people. No one seems to even acknowledge the UI crisis happening, or even the pandemic itself, everyone just wants to argue about masks. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.