Christine!

Zathras

So I am getting prepped for Halloween by watching horror movies (classic mostly).  Tonight I chose Christine.  1958 Plymouth Fury! God damn that is a sweet machine!.  In the opening when you just see a gold V and Christine revving her 392 hemispherical V-8, I think I came listing to that engine! Ha!

I think the hair and clothes hold up, considering its supposed to be 1978-9 but yeah, total classic.  

***Oh, and correction on the powerplant.  It is actually a 350 cubic inch, dual 4-barrel carburetor Golden Commando 305 horse power V8.**

Also,  I am not exactly sure where it falls in absolute ranking of my favorite movies, but I think Christine, along with Kubrick's Shining, Pet Sematary 1989, Carrie 1976, Salem's Lot (despite being corny...talking about the one with David Soul), and Misery are the best Stephen King movie adaptations.  Not to mention Christine is a John Carpenter film, and was right in there with his other 1970s/80s classics, that I also love (eg Halloween, THing, Star Man, The Fog, They Live Big Trouble, etc).  Another thing I love is the music to this, not just the songs, but the score.  I think John Carpenter wrote it, if I am not mistaken.  I just love that synthesizer or keyboard music. It's so eerie. 

It doesn’t get a lot of love because for both King and Carpenter they have other works that are more well known. It’s a bit of a cypher, but it’s one of my favs from both of them. Reread the book every few years, and rewatch the movie annually.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.