Possible fun nightly game...Amoung Us.

Darth Ender

I've played it! It's also available for mobile devices, and is cross-platform.

I'm pretty sure I've only played with kids, since one game I was playing during a break from work involved a discussion about what Zoom class they were supposed to be in, so it'd be fun to play with people who have more advanced reasoning skills.

You can download it for free for iOS, but there’s a fee to get rid of ads. I prefer playing on the laptop, though.

For those who don’t know, you’re one of ten characters on a spaceship, and one member is an impostor trying to kill everyone. If you can find the impostor, you get to vote them out - but if you’re wrong, you shove an innocent person out into space and the game keeps going. Matches are typically pretty short, 5-10 minutes. 

The crew mates can also do tasks to win, by completing all of them to get the ship back running before the impostor kills everyone. The nice thing is that even as a ghost you can keep working on your tasks, so you’re not necessarily out of the game if you die.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I would give it a try and now I can't stop playing this dumb game. I keep going, again and again, hoping to be an Impostor. But I feel like I am never the Impostor! I should have a 1-in-5 chance of being the Impostor but I suspect the system is rigged to incentivize players to ... watch more ads? pay for the deluxe version? I don't know. I know for sure it is possible to cheat/hack because one time someone managed to pull a little ventriloquist trick on me where my account was saying things in chat that I didn't type.

I guess what I'm saying is I rate the game ★★★★☆ and now everyone around me is 'lowkey sus' and are all about to break my neck or headbutt my body to the floor then shoot me with a gun or crane their whole mouth open and impale me with the sudden snap of an alien proboscis.

Being the impostor is totally random. I’ve gone days without being the impostor and also got it 5 games in a row.

I love it, but being impostor is definitely more fun. But I hate people who cheat, either through hacks or by sharing info or teaming up with the impostor.

I have been repeatedly and relentlessly pushed out the airlock by groups of what are almost certainly literal children all for nothing more than the crime of 'faking task'. As near as I can tell 'faking task' means :

• doing a task too fast

• doing a task too slow

• doing a task at any speed but the green bar in the upper left corner of the screen doesn't change

• going into a room and then leaving a room

• running away from someone I assume is the Impostor

• looking at the map in the Administration room

I am not faking task! I would never fake task! I would very much like it if the youth of today would stop turning me into a ghost.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:27 PM, Fozzie said:

Being the impostor is totally random. I’ve gone days without being the impostor and also got it 5 games in a row.

I love it, but being impostor is definitely more fun. But I hate people who cheat, either through hacks or by sharing info or teaming up with the impostor.

Good to know!

My kids play it all the time, both the grown up ones and the ones that are still sorta “oh, they’re just babies”. My youngest, 8 years old, gets quite vocally annoyed when he is the one voted out. The game has been the cause of many recent lectures about not letting our emotions get the best of us. lol

I get pretty frustrated too, especially because it seems like there are so many cheaters and they’ll vote you out knowing you’re not the impostor

I really want to play this game with adults. It's super fun but you either end up with hackers, groups of friends who are cheating, or just kids with no deductive thinking ability. I rage quit earlier because the group voted me out because one of them lied for no reason and said I had vented, and he was their friend. The next game I watched him kill someone and nobody was willing to vote for him and lied and said they were all with him when it happened.

I deleted the app. I just can’t handle the cheaters any more. It’s gotten progressively worse over the past month. I’ve been able to enjoy 1 out of the past 20 games, most of them I’ve quit in the middle because it’s obvious people are cheating. It’s a game that lasts 5-10 minutes and there’s no ranking system. You literally gain nothing by cheating.

I’m just going to blame Gen Z for this and hate them forever.

Yeah, it’s amazing that they’ve done so well with such a small team. And it isn’t their fault that people want to cheat, I just don’t have the patience to deal with it. 

I read that they’re working on an account system, which will hopefully include a perma-ban system as well. Discord cheaters are every bit as bad as the hackers. If someone says “trust me” I automatically assume they’re cheating.

I will add that staying on with cheaters and refusing to do tasks is fun. Helps ensure they lose and they’ll argue about who isn’t doing tasks.

Yeah, between me and the kiddo and friends and family, we pretty much have enough folks where we can fill up a private lobby ourselves and enjoy the game without having to worry about the hacks. But the few times we do try public servers, it’s been bad.

It’s a pretty neat little success story. The game has been out for 2 years, but no one knew about until 2-3 months ago. It’s wild.

I don't play it much, but I've only played in public games.  Quite a few have gone alright, but others have been almost pointless.  I must be pretty lucky in that more have gone fine that it sounds like other have had in public rooms.  The most annoying part by far is when people just leave when they aren't an impostor.  To be honest, it's almost more fun for me when I'm not one and have to help figure out what's going on.  The other big problem for me is that it is hard for me to type into the chat on my phone compared to so many others who are on PC.

I have only won very few times as an impostor.  I was pleasantly surprised when I did last game.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.