Utopia

Iceheart

I watched the first two episodes on Amazon Prime last night, anyone else checked it out yet?

It’s about an indie comic book that accurately predicts the end of the world, because it’s all being manufactured. A bunch of fankids end up knowing too much and have to run for their lives and save the world.

And if you thought George R.R. Martin killed characters for fun, Gillian Flynn is plain sadistic. The vibe reminds me of The Umbrella Academy, but more violence and gore.

Anyway, I’ll watch this one through.

Haven't seen it! Probably not going to neither. I hate to be that guy but I guess I am that guy — the British original (2013-2014) is incredible, well worth watching, one of the most unsettling pieces of television I've ever seen. It's tough to imagine another adaptation could do anything other than ape it or abandon its particular stylistic choices, either way, not for me.

Yeah, I guess I’ll be the other “that guy” ‘cause like RC, I loved the British original of this and was gutted when that was cancelled. I might give this version a go if it makes it past a few seasons and there is some semblance of a resolution that we didn’t get with the original. . .but the previews made this look a lot duller and tamer than the UK one. 

Also, this was originally going to be a Fincher project with HBO when they first started the idea of a remake and I don’t believe he is in involved with this now? 

And lastly - the original UK is on Amazon Prime here in Aus so wouldn’t be shocked if it was available in the US as well. Well worth a watch, if not just for the appearance of a certain Sith emperor in the 2nd season. 

The UK version is not available in the US on Prime, I just checked. Just a blu-ray set for sale. Which sucks, because I read up on it while I was bored at work today, and I really want to see the UK version now. I didn't even know it existed until this morning (I didn't know the US version existed until last night right before I started it, for the record).

I’m almost through episode three. Okay, how weird would it be to be a fan of a work of fiction and to suddenly have the characters you read for years right in front of you just continuing the storyline in real time? That’s a fun concept to play with here.

Whew. This is the absolute worst time to tell a story that makes people afraid of a vaccine to a pandemic level virus outbreak.

That was a good show. Oryx and Crake with a little Orphan Black thrown in for good measure, with the pacing of Killing Eve. But, uh, between there being a beloved UK antecedent and the subject matter in the current climate, I wonder how well this will do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.