A comment about education

Cerina

Guys. This was just posted in my college Intro to Philosophy class. English comp and rhetoric is a prerequisite for this class. Sufficient writing test scores and a high school diploma are required for admission. And yet...

We live in dubdt and uncertainity all the time. Uncertainty and living in doubt are part of human life. since we are reading philosophy we se many philosphers say or believe many things no one is sure about anything. some say god exsist some say no, god does not exist, some say earth revolves around the sun aslo some say the sun revloves around the sun. not just this, there are some many doubts we face in our daily lives. for example if you are student you always have a doubt while you chose your major your career.

Yes there are some things are certain in this world but many are not for example- we do not know what will happen tomorrow we are going to live or we are going to die, what would be the weather tomorrow, we dont know who will be the net United States president.  so yes we can live with uncertainity and it does not effect our daily life.

How did we get to this point? I'd like to say that this is a fluke, but honestly, I could copy most of the things my young classmates submit that aren't much better. 

I'm sorry but those two paragraphs are more coherent and far more genuine than the entire collected works of, like, Jacques Lacan. So much of it is so true! There are some many doubts we face in our daily lives! If you are a student you often do have a doubt when you chose your major your career! We dont know who will be the net President of the United States! I don't know about you guys but I certainly do feel like I live in dubdt and uncertainty all the time! Even the claim about the sun 'revlolves' around the sun isn't entirely inaccurate! I am on Team This Guy/Girl!

You know who the 144th President of the United States is going to be? I don't see how that's possible but I believe you! If you say so! But, then again, perhaps you are wrong : as the Holy Texts proclaim, "we se many philosphers say or believe many things no one is sure about anything".

His name will be Mephias Horndiggle, the fourth in the Horndiggle dynasty. By that point we will have given up on political campaigns and the Horndiggles run unopposed.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:53 PM, Cerina said:

Guys. This was just posted in my college Intro to Philosophy class. English comp and rhetoric is a prerequisite for this class. Sufficient writing test scores and a high school diploma are required for admission. And yet...

How did we get to this point? I'd like to say that this is a fluke, but honestly, I could copy most of the things my young classmates submit that aren't much better. 

At first I thought you were posting something your were proud of you wrote for class. 

I think most things like that people just write stream of thought and are too lazy to go back and edit.

Here's the real shitty thing, for me personally, this was a discussion post. Each week we have to write a discussion post responding to a prompt and post 2 meaningful replies to our classmates. I can type out my initial post all day long, but I have an incredibly hard time responding to my classmates. Part of the problem is that I'm 38 and most of them are 18-20, so our worldviews are on different wavelengths making discussion difficult. But the larger problem is that most of them are like that one. How am I supposed to form a meaningful reply to that?? 

My best friend's husband used to work for the Ruger company. That place was run so badly that I'd be terrified to ever buy a gun produced by Ruger. Some of the guys in upper management wrote at about that level, and a lot of the employees were no better. The lack of writing skills in the business world is astounding. I don't know how people can cope in life, with the writing ability of a grade school child.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.