Enola Holmes.

Ms. Spam

I enjoyed the movie for children! I hope they do another one, too. Watched it in two halves, lots of great comic turns from Burn Gorman, Fiona Shaw, Susan Wokoma, Adeel Akhtar, it's fun! The idea of a younger version of Holmes innately and automatically possessing the interiority and sense of self he will only gain after long association w/Watson is strong. Mycroft should've been Sherringford or whoever instead. Cavill doesn't much resemble the description of Holmes in the canon or the original Sidney Paget drawings but does look a bit like Paget himself. I'm okay/w/it, as Helena Bonham Carter says in the movie, "Try to be excited, not disappointed, in the possibility of something new."

I gave it a shot with my daughter and boys, we liked it for what it is which is a film meant for youth. I have never read the Enola books, so I don’t know how well it translated. Cavill is in Superman shape here tho and so any implications that this Sherlock has vices, addictions even, require a tremendous amount of suspension of disbelief.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.