Covid recovery

In order to stop hijacking the Lyceum thread: two months out, walking down the block and back winds me. Walking inside isn’t quite as bad, probably because I’m not dealing with allergies and humidity. But I still cannot go far or fast.

I’m also maybe having some neurological issues. I was in the hospital this week with really bad vertigo. I’m on some medication that is making it bearable, and waiting for more tests to determine exactly what’s up, but based on the testing in the hospital, they’re thinking that it is neurological and likely connected to Covid.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my father and I had it back in February when it was first gaining momentum. I had probably the worst cough I've ever had in my life. He fared slightly worse, spending an entire day in bed. Fortunately, the doctor caught it early and gave us both steroids and other meds to open up our airways, which probably cut it short. Not pleasant, but not that bad either.

Have any of you been tested for anitbodies that think you have had it? I think it costs for that test. I know at the same time it came to the US there was a super bad flu that was also going around too. Now I doubt temp checks because it could just be the flu or I live in South Texas so I might just be hot from walking all the way in to a building from the parking lot. There's a rosemary bush right outside my second job. I run my hand threw it and smell. If I smell fragrant rosemary I am like I'm cool No covid..

Tina just had her 5th covid test because she got sick again and I too have had to be tested a few times for each time I wanted to bring her home because her dialysis clinic here wants clear tests before she can come in as well as the people she will live with.

I know that I definitely had it, because I tested positive things n two different tests, but I also tested negative for antibodies. So I may have some immunity but maybe not.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:12 AM, Iceheart said:

Nope. Already have too many neurological issues. Don’t need more.

This is why I wore a mask to the outdoor flea market filled with Trumpers looking at me funny for doing so.

Yeah, definitely be careful. It's hell and I'm even more scared of it now. I definitely feel like I have to be prepared for death.

• 4 weeks later...

I got lost driving home from my mom’s apartment tonight. Taking a normal route that I’ve driven at least a hundred times, I just got completely lost.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:59 PM, Iceheart said:

The Guardian has an article out today that people with Neanderthal genes are the ones getting the really bad reactions to the virus, so, uh, congratulations on finding out about your Neanderthal ancestry?

I wonder if being from German and Norwegian descent would include Neanderthal genes.

1 hour ago, Gamevet said:

I wonder if being from German and Norwegian descent would include Neanderthal genes.

Not sure, but pretty sure Northern Germanic genes have a lot of Cro Magnon and Tronder. Guess they came after Neanderthal though.

21 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I got lost driving home from my mom’s apartment tonight. Taking a normal route that I’ve driven at least a hundred times, I just got completely lost.

This is why I have basically given up on ever getting my license. I can’t trust myself on the road with my fatigue and brain fog. Ugh. I’m sorry, Brando.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.