Icy Presents Nightly's Movie of the Week, Week Two - Seth Gets Paid

Iceheart

Yeah, we got just enough information about the characters ahead of time and then got right to the fun.

11 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

Oh and the short haired girl could have dialed back her rebellious party chic vibe a few notches.  Thr other characters, especially the lead, were great.  

Taylor was definitely firing at full steam the whole time.  I went to theme parks with people like that before when I was a similar age to the characters, though, so this hit pretty on the mark to me.  Also, I've liked the actress playing her since watching The Killing.  She gave such a great performance in that that I am always excited to see her in other shows and movies.

4 hours ago, Jacen123 said:

Yeah, we got just enough information about the characters ahead of time and then got right to the fun.

Taylor was definitely firing at full steam the whole time.  I went to theme parks with people like that before when I was a similar age to the characters, though, so this hit pretty on the mark to me.  Also, I've liked the actress playing her since watching The Killing.  She gave such a great performance in that that I am always excited to see her in other shows and movies.

Yeah, she's great. My only regret is she was supposed to be a lesbian (the actor herself is a lgbqt icon) but the studio chickened out and made her straight. Luckily Bex was a good sport about it, saying she never gets the chance to play a slutty hetero girl, so she went for it.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Yeah, she's great. My only regret is she was supposed to be a lesbian (the actor herself is a lgbqt icon) but the studio chickened out and made her straight. Luckily Bex was a good sport about it, saying she never gets the chance to play a slutty hetero girl, so she went for it.

My expectation was she would be a lesbian character.  Surprised they chickened out.  Must have been a year or two early because if it were made now, I'm sure the studio would do it. 

18 hours ago, Iceheart said:

Bex was in Arrow and Dumplin, too, right? I’ve always liked her (them?), she plays a lot of really diverse roles really well. And yeah, I have 100% been out with friends like Taylor before - they’re the best to take to these kinds of things.

According to IMDB, yes and them. 

No. But only because it took me FOREVER to do it intentionally the first time. Otherwise I would have been all "she used to be a she...I mean...they used to be a she, but then she changed...I mean they changed...", which is exactly how it sounds to hear me talk about it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.