Thank you guys! It means a lot for you to sat all that!  Today was a good today.  I got to visit my brother, and he helped me fix a few things on my car.  We both have 1972 Chevy Novas, and he is really good at finding fixes on the cheap!  I drove mine to his house and we worked on my car this morning.  Nothing major, but just the fact we got to hang out and visit while working on my car did TONS for making me feel good.  I think (hope) things are on the upswing!

Keep it up. One of the best things to do to combat depression is to do things that bring you joy, but it’s also one of the hardest things. And it normally isn’t an intentional thought to not do something, you’ll just wake up one day and realize you haven’t done anything that makes you happy for two weeks or months or however long.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, so far, the new dosages and new med is working.  I don't have those dark episodes of depression, like I had a couple weeks ago.  I am starting to feel back to normal, or what should be normal.  I actually feel myself laughing more, too, which has to be a good sign.  i also have been giving CBD hard candy a try, too.   Just being able to share my experience here makes me feel better too, so thank you guys for bending an ear.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

My anxiety has gone from being the best it's been in years to suddenly being the worst over the last week. It's mostly triggered by the fact I have to move again after only being in this place a year, and because I am not currently booked on anything and worry about money. Technically, I have enough to live on for the rest of the year before being flat broke... but I have been in this position before. It's part of the business. BUT... it is the first time I have been in this position without having a significant other as a support structure.

I've thought about trying to date, but if I am being honest I really don't want to put the work in to building up that sort of life with a person again.

Trying to handle being a single dad, single income, gives me anxiety all the time, man.   Sometimes I feel like my heart will beat through my chest just worrying so much.