Depression

• 2 months later...

Not depression, but I’m just exhausted. I’m so tired of being in transition. Still waiting on SO many things needed to feel normal again and everything keeps getting delayed or changing or some other bull shit. Im tired. I want to have transitioned, not be stuck waiting. I have been physically uncomfortable for a few weeks now, and mentally/emotionally uncomfortable for longer. I know a move is a big deal and this is all normal but I want to feel better and want it to all calm the fuck down already. The job itself is going fine—I have very little to do so far. The kids are adjusting better than I thought they would. Katie has a lot on her plate, she’s taken on most of the work for the move and told me to focus on the job (only sort of working for me lol) but she’s doing way better than I am. I dunno. Ramble. I’m tired of making fucking phone calls and appointments and getting lost in my own neighborhood and getting few answers to anything.

Transitions are hard, it definitely causes a lot of anxiety and it's hard to breathe until it's over. We moved in September and even though it was only 2 miles, my husband still doesn't feel settled. I think there are maybe 3 boxes left to unpack (and 2 are pictures lol) but he's not settled yet.

Do you guys want to come over for some beers and Otter Pops this weekend?

1 hour ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Can’t decide if it’ll be tank, jacen, or Brando to make the first trans joke since I said transition so much.

Dude, your entire post is a trans joke. Nobody needs to make one. 

But I hope it goes well. This was a huge move, along with starting a new job - either of those things are enough to make life difficult, doing both is crazy. You’ll get there though.

21 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Not depression, but I’m just exhausted. I’m so tired of being in transition. Still waiting on SO many things needed to feel normal again and everything keeps getting delayed or changing or some other bull shit. Im tired. I want to have transitioned, not be stuck waiting. I have been physically uncomfortable for a few weeks now, and mentally/emotionally uncomfortable for longer. I know a move is a big deal and this is all normal but I want to feel better and want it to all calm the fuck down already. The job itself is going fine—I have very little to do so far. The kids are adjusting better than I thought they would. Katie has a lot on her plate, she’s taken on most of the work for the move and told me to focus on the job (only sort of working for me lol) but she’s doing way better than I am. I dunno. Ramble. I’m tired of making fucking phone calls and appointments and getting lost in my own neighborhood and getting few answers to anything.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. MTLK Terrace is a maze of streets...because of Candy Cane Park few streets go through to I-5 east-west and there's really only one way to go. I have it all mapped out. I can come watch Eli & Lyra if you and Katie need a break-IF you trust me :)

I was thinking about you last night and realizing that you took a pretty big leap with a new job AND a huge move. And yes, that area you moved to is a bit difficult to navigate at first because of I-5 and a lack of through streets that run under it. Ain't no shame in using your phone GPS to navigate for awhile. Shoot I still use my phone to navigate even though I've been out here for 16 years, because I hate traffic and always want the quickest way anywhere. I know how to get to work 3 different ways and still checked my phone for the quickest way yesterday.

I will tell you that the people you work with won't let you fail, so if you're worried about that, don't. That team wants people to succeed and won't give up on someone just because they have questions or hit a wall sometimes. A lot of those people actually love to teach others.

Yeah, the team has been great so far, even when I flat out say I have no idea what’s going on or what I’m supposed to do. They mostly just laugh. They’ve been very supportive, which is great, it’s definitely helped my insecurity.

Yiu guys are all great too. I come in here and I just dump it all unfiltered because I trust all of you. I know you know that’s what it is, too, so I don’t have to worry anyone thinks I’m a basket case or just freaking out stressing all the time. What a weird thing to happen on a Star Wars message board.

getting sentimental in my old age 

8 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Our moving pod had a guaranteed delivery date by June 22. It only left San Diego today, the 24th, with no ETA given. Cool!

Sounds about right.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.