Moving, mortgages, and renovations

Cerina

So that's one of the only good parts about living close to family - I never feel like compensating them for inconveniencing them for things like laundry usage or dinner or a place to stay when the AC goes out or baby/pet sitting. 

When we lived close to my mother-in-law, my husband would spend most of his weekends being her personal gardener. I'm pretty sure that's the entire reason she remarried after we moved away.

So they tore up the floors in the half bath/laundry area and it turns out the previous owners did linoleum on top of linoleum. God I hate them. We are going to try to redo the kids bathroom ourselves (really just floors and a new vanity), and they used the same ugly linoleum so I know what I have to look forward to.

I think this is what we are picking for backsplash tile. I have some questions for the designer whether we should go up and down with the tile instead of sideways (I think yes). Second choice is the same tile but a more sage/matte.

We need to pick out a new mini fridge. The one we were going to pick has a lot of recent bad reviews. The problem is all the better choices are either 5 inches larger or 4 inches smaller. Smaller is going to look dumb because we have wide cabinets above it. So I need to talk to the designer about whether we have enough room to move out 5 more inches.

Screenshot_20240323_122655_Samsung Notes.jpg

Up and down will make the space look smaller I think. 

I like refrigerator drawers and then you can put a draw panel on the front to make it not look like a fridge but that’s probably an expense that adds on.

We decided to keep it sideways because it actually worked better. And yes, the cabinet panels are pricy. We wanted to do them for our refrigerator and the cabinet company said no because they were worried they would break at the size we needed. Apparently you can't go much wider than 24 inches or something because the wood can twist and break if torqued too much, so we went with stainless steel panels. But it ended up being ok because the wine fridge has a big glass panel.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.