What are your pets doing right now?

Iceheart

My two kittens, now several months old, are pouting in my room because they fucking obliterated my Christmas tree.

I know. Christmas?!

Well, last year I was packed to move throughout November and December, because the apartment my family and I were moving into was supposed to be ready in November and then that changed to December. The property had told me it would be ready in the first week in December. Then it became the second week. Then... you get it. Well, I refused to not have Christmas decorations nor Christmas and so I put my tree up with like a week left and then had to take it down the day after to finally move.

I love Christmas. I’m even unintentionally and maybe unfortunately (for my wife) aging into a Santa weight wise and with my greying beard. I thought that this year I would make certain to have my god damn Christmastime. That’s very merry sounding I know.

So I put up my tree on election night. I figured I could reclaim the season from how short it was for me last year and to lift my spirits over the dread of that particular night. Well, my cats had other ideas. I awoke this morning to discover they had pulled almost all of the ornaments off, broke some ornaments, bent branches so much the connections to the trunk are shot, and even tried to pull my metallic rainbow star off of the top. So what is left of my tree looks like something from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

With all the stress of 2020, the election, and the whole I’m going reclaim this season emotional drive, I literally cried over the tree this morning. At this moment however all I can do is laugh about how on point the entire event was for this year.

2 hours ago, Spider-Man said:

My two kittens, now several months old, are pouting in my room because they fucking obliterated my Christmas tree.

I know. Christmas?!

Well, last year I was packed to move throughout November and December, because the apartment my family and I were moving into was supposed to be ready in November and then that changed to December. The property had told me it would be ready in the first week in December. Then it became the second week. Then... you get it. Well, I refused to not have Christmas decorations nor Christmas and so I put my tree up with like a week left and then had to take it down the day after to finally move.

I love Christmas. I’m even unintentionally and maybe unfortunately (for my wife) aging into a Santa weight wise and with my greying beard. I thought that this year I would make certain to have my god damn Christmastime. That’s very merry sounding I know.

So I put up my tree on election night. I figured I could reclaim the season from how short it was for me last year and to lift my spirits over the dread of that particular night. Well, my cats had other ideas. I awoke this morning to discover they had pulled almost all of the ornaments off, broke some ornaments, bent branches so much the connections to the trunk are shot, and even tried to pull my metallic rainbow star off of the top. So what is left of my tree looks like something from the Nightmare Before Christmas.

With all the stress of 2020, the election, and the whole I’m going reclaim this season emotional drive, I literally cried over the tree this morning. At this moment however all I can do is laugh about how on point the entire event was for this year.

This is why we bought a cheap 4’ tree and Dollar Tree ornaments. The good tree and good ornaments are staying in storage with three kittens in the house.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine LOVE trees. Jesus will still try to eat stuff but for the most part, they just like to sleep under it. Their first Christmas together was in my ex-house with hardwood floors. Every day, they absolutely ruined the gifts and tree skirt arrangement so after a week, I kept the gifts upstairs and let the tree skirt be their bed. This is really all they want for the holiday is a tree to sleep under. For me, it's just not worth it

7 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

Mine LOVE trees. Jesus will still try to eat stuff but for the most part, they just like to sleep under it. Their first Christmas together was in my ex-house with hardwood floors. Every day, they absolutely ruined the gifts and tree skirt arrangement so after a week, I kept the gifts upstairs and let the tree skirt be their bed. This is really all they want for the holiday is a tree to sleep under. For me, it's just not worth it

My lab has already retrieved two ornaments off of the tree. We'll see how far she takes it. 

I'm almost afraid to put gifts under the tree.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.